ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply ILR please be gentle

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tharki82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Apply ILR please be gentle

Post by tharki82 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Hi

This is my first post in this forum regarding my wife applying her ILR on 5 years dependent route.

She got her first visa on 13/01/2014 and expiring on 01/06/2019.

I need to ask that can i apply online only for form set M ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Apply ILR please be gentle

Post by CR001 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:01 pm

What 'dependent' visa exactly is she holding, there is more than one category (spouse settlement visa, Tier 1 Dependent, Tier 2 Dependent, etc)??

What is your UK immigration status?

If she holds a spouse settlement visa, did she first enter on a 6 months Fiance visa and then switch to FLR(M)??

What date did she enter the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tharki82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tharki82 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:01 pm
What 'dependent' visa exactly is she holding, there is more than one category (spouse settlement visa, Tier 1 Dependent, Tier 2 Dependent, etc)??

What is your UK immigration status?

If she holds a spouse settlement visa, did she first enter on a 6 months Fiance visa and then switch to FLR(M)??

What date did she enter the UK??
I am a British national, i had ILR when applied her visa from abroad and on her passport visa stamp says "Visa Spouse/CP - Spouse of Mr A BC

So its spouse settlement visa and she enter in the uk on 3rd April 2014.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:16 pm

She could have applied for ILR in March already, within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date she entered the UK on a spouse visa.

She needs English B1 test and LIUK.

And yes, it is form Set M which is online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tharki82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tharki82 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:16 pm
She could have applied for ILR in March already, within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date she entered the UK on a spouse visa.

She needs English B1 test and LIUK.

And yes, it is form Set M which is online.
Yes she has degree from abroad equivalent UK bachelor and verified by Naric which i was submit in her last extension and life in uk test is already been passed.

Further; i work part time and earns around £500 a month and receive carer allowance and disability allowance and exempt from £18600 cat.

I am doing online for the first time so i believe i should be uploading all documents online.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:42 pm

The online process will guide you on what to do and when to book an appointment and upload.

Note that for NARIC, she needs both the English and comparable assessment, i.e. UKVI NARIC Red Route (not the Blue route), costs around £150.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tharki82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tharki82 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:42 pm
The online process will guide you on what to do and when to book an appointment and upload.

Note that for NARIC, she needs both the English and comparable assessment, i.e. UKVI NARIC Red Route (not the Blue route), costs around £150.
Thanks for your advice.

regarding the Naric assesment would they not be able to accept the same documents i sent when she got her second extension.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 pm

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
If your degree was taught or researched in English
You can prove your knowledge of English by having a degree that was taught or researched in English.

If your degree is from a UK university, you only need your degree certificate.

If your degree is not from a UK university you’ll need:

a copy of your degree certificate
an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree is equivalent to a UK qualification.
If your degree is from a non-majority English-speaking country you’ll also need an English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree was taught in English.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tharki82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tharki82 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 pm
You can prove your knowledge of English by having a degree that was taught or researched in English.

an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree is equivalent to a UK qualification.
If your degree is from a non-majority English-speaking country you’ll also need an English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree was taught in English.
Thanks for your advice really appreciate it. I have all of these.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Great, sounds good to go then.

You are aware of the ILR and service fees right??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tharki82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tharki82 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 am

tharki82 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:16 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Thanks for your advice really appreciate it. I have all of these.
Hi CR001,

I thought i will send the same UK Naric letter which states degree is equivalent to the UK bachelor degree. The same certificate i sent for her second visa extension.

" It State as " Is considered comparable to British bachelor ( Ordinary) degree standard".

But

I do not have any proficiency statement letter but i have letter from the university which confirms that my degree was taught in english. ( i remember i sent that to UK Naric while done the comparibility).

Please guide if i send as it is i sent in the past.

tharki82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tharki82 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:47 pm

anyone please advice on above post