ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling during ILR application in progress

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ceobot

Travelling during ILR application in progress

Post by ceobot » Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 am

Dear Members,

I am aware that this question was asked a lot of times here. However, I didn't find any 100% confirmation or maybe link to some source confirming that.

Applied for ILR Route : SET(O) Tier 1 Entrepreneur (50k) on 15th May (yesterday).

I currently keep my passport and residence permit which due to expire November this year.

Am I allowed to travel while the application in process ?

P.S. I called to Home Office today. The lady replied "NO' straight forward and then asked me to wait two minute. She told me after that it was mentioned in the application form. However, I didn't find anything there.

Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling during ILR application in progress

Post by CR001 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:20 am

Am I allowed to travel while the application in process ?
No, you cannot travel as this will result in your application being considered withdrawn.

Either the online form, email after submission or the Sopra Steria website states this very clearly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amz

Post by Amz » Thu May 16, 2019 3:57 pm

I have spoken with Home Office and I was advised that I am not allowed to travel outside UK while my application is still under process.

So guys do not take any chances, where you have waited 5 years, another 6 months won't harm you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Amz wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:57 pm
I have spoken with Home Office and I was advised that I am not allowed to travel outside UK while my application is still under process.

So guys do not take any chances, where you have waited 5 years, another 6 months won't harm you
The rules are clear on this :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice