ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric (Delhi) & documents Scan location?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

K123RN
Newly Registered
India

VFS London scanning documents

Post by K123RN » Wed May 15, 2019 6:59 pm

Hello,

Has anyone went to VFS London and scanned the document for settlement visa.

Can you please share your experience and give any tips. I am heading there next week.

Many thanks

K

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: VFS London scanning documents

Post by Heythereitsme » Wed May 15, 2019 7:18 pm

I’d suggest you go early in the morning as they are really busy.

I got there at 8.30am and there was a queue of around 30 people lining up.

As you walk in, tell them you want to scan and they’ll give you a ticket. You take a seat in the waiting area and when they call your number, you hand over your documents ( they will give you some papers with barcodes to help you separate your documents) and they will scan them.

They offer a courier service for £20 but there no need to pay for this as you can say that you will wait and then you can take your documents away with you.

K123RN
Newly Registered
India

Post by K123RN » Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am

Heythereitsme wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:18 pm

As you walk in, tell them you want to scan and they’ll give you a ticket. You take a seat in the waiting area and when they call your number, you hand over your documents ( they will give you some papers with barcodes to help you separate your documents) and they will scan them.

They offer a courier service for £20 but there no need to pay for this as you can say that you will wait and then you can take your documents away with you.
Thank you so much. You are a star :)

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:52 am

Heythereitsme wrote:

Hi do you have to take originals and submit such as the ielts A1 exam, marriage certificate, application form signed by applicant, TB medical certificate or only copies needed.

Also how much does it cost? Thanks

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 am

Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:52 am
Heythereitsme wrote:

Hi do you have to take originals and submit such as the ielts A1 exam, marriage certificate, application form signed by applicant, TB medical certificate or only copies needed.

You only need copies .. I didn’t have a copy of the ielts but the guy scanned it anyways. I’d suggest taking all the originals and copies but ony handing over the originals.

It costs £75 for scanning .. £20 for courier service if you choose to use it

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:29 am

Heythereitsme wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 am
Fizzy513 wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:

You only need copies .. I didn’t have a copy of the ielts but the guy scanned it anyways. I’d suggest taking all the originals and copies but ony handing over the originals.

Hi thank you for the reply. So i have all originals apart from TB medical certificate. Is it necessary to ask for the original or can I just ask for a scan via email and take it to the application centre. Also, do I need a signed application form original/copy from the applicant (my partner). Does this need to be stamped at the biometrics appointment. Thanks for the help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:06 am

Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:29 am
Hi thank you for the reply. So i have all originals apart from TB medical certificate. Is it necessary to ask for the original or can I just ask for a scan via email and take it to the application centre. Also, do I need a signed application form original/copy from the applicant (my partner). Does this need to be stamped at the biometrics appointment. Thanks for the help
You are persistently tagging all your various questions onto other members topics. This is unfair to the Original posters and simply creates confusion when members respond. It also takes the original questions and circumstances of the original poster off topic.

Please desist from doing this and keep ALL your questions in your own topic you already have!!!

immigration-for-family-members/vfs-glob ... 81156.html

I suggest you also read the forum rules, particularly point 12 in the topic below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Thu May 16, 2019 5:41 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:

Just take copies and they will scan it for you at the vfs office.
No you don’t need signed application
I’m not 100% about biometrics appointment .. my husband went in India and I scanned the documents in London

K123RN
Newly Registered
India

Post by K123RN » Fri May 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Heythereitsme wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:41 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:

I’m not 100% about biometrics appointment .. my husband went in India and I scanned the documents in London

Can I submit my documents before the biometric? My wife is going to do the biometric net wednesday. Can I submit/ scan documents on Tuesday in London

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Sat May 18, 2019 1:24 pm

K123RN wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:43 pm
Heythereitsme wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:41 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:

Can I submit my documents before the biometric? My wife is going to do the biometric net wednesday. Can I submit/ scan documents on Tuesday in London
I was advised by my solicitor in April to submit after the biometrics

K123RN
Newly Registered
India

Biometric (Delhi) & documents Scan location?

Post by K123RN » Sat May 18, 2019 8:04 pm

Hello All,

If any of you had a similar subject apologies.

As the rules are keep changing I have a question in regards to submitting / scanning the documents.

My wife biometric is on next Wednesday in Delhi and what documents she needs to carry with her. I am planning to submit the documents from London and will we get a notification / email where to send our documents?
This bit is confusing and if any of you have gone through the same procedure, I will really appreciate your help on this.

Many thanks

K123RN
Newly Registered
India

Post by K123RN » Sun May 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Heythereitsme wrote:

Hello there,

a bit confused, so my wife is going for bio metric next week and we did not received any email from Visa and immigration regarding submitting the documents. Should i go to scan the documents after she done her bio-metric or i can go there before the bio metric. Please advise.
Thank you.

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Sun May 19, 2019 7:49 pm

K123RN wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:37 pm
Heythereitsme wrote:

Hello there,

a bit confused, so my wife is going for bio metric next week and we did not received any email from Visa and immigration regarding submitting the documents. Should i go to scan the documents after she done her bio-metric or i can go there before the bio metric. Please advise.
Thank you.
She can either submit the documents when she goes for biometrics or you can submit them at the vfs office after she goes for her biometrics