ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange Consent Form in Child's SET(LR) Application form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

solaced
United Kingdom

Strange Consent Form in Child's SET(LR) Application form

Post by solaced » Tue May 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi all,
after completing 10 years legally in this country, my wife and i got ILR recently and now applied for our 14 years old son to apply for ILR (long residence) on the basis of his 10 years' stay here and not on parents' settlement status basis using SET(F). We used Set LR online as he wasn't born in the UK and was 4 years old when came in this country legally.
After filling in the form and submitting, the documents need to be upload include a 'consent form' that needs to be signed in by both parents and child to upload says, ''fATHER'S CONSENT: I---------- consent to this applkication for the registration of -----(child's name) AS A BRITISH CITIZEN.
'MOTHER'S CONSENT: .......

My humble question is:
- Will the HO consider this application towards British Citizenship because my son is under 15 and living here for more than 10 years (although born in another country) whereas we orginally applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain for him using SET LR.

I am confused that we have applied for his ILR and HO asking for signing for our consent to his registration as a British Citizen.
Can anyone explain/discuss please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Strange Consent Form in Child's SET(LR) Application form

Post by CR001 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:33 pm

No he is not entitled to British citizenship simply because he has lived here. That would only be applicable if he was BORN in the UK.

Did home office write to you and ask for this or is it part of the checklist??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

solaced
United Kingdom

Post by solaced » Thu May 16, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi CR001,
Thanks for your reply.
When we filled in SET(LR) online and submitted, on the next page HO asked to sign and upload three Docs;
-Consent for HO(3 pages) for application verification , 3rd party sponsor consent, if any, etc.
-Document Checklist
-CONSENT TO THE APPLICATION:
father's consent; I...................(name of the father)consent to this application for the registration of_____________(name of child) as a British Citizen.
signed/
Mother's consent
//same as above
''If only one parent has signed, please say why the other parent has not signed and provide supporting documents''.
2nd Page: CHILD'S CONSENT WHERE THEY ARE MAKING AN APPLICATION ON THEIR OWN BEHALF
''I__________(child) apply for registration as a British Citizen and attach the consent of my father/monther/guardian to this application''
signed//
3rd Page:
GUARDIAN CONSENT.
same as above.

solaced
United Kingdom

Post by solaced » Thu May 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Dear CR001,
Might be pertinent to mention here that while filling in online application above, question was asked to choose any one of the following 3 options:
-is the child filling up application on his/her own
-is someone else is filling up application on his behalf
-is a third party is filling up application

and we chose option 1 above as my son was filling up this application online although we(parents) were sitting next to him to go through the whole process.

I there anything to do with this question that at the end HO asked to sign consent form in question.

solaced
United Kingdom

Post by solaced » Thu May 16, 2019 4:31 pm

Dear CR001,
Might be pertinent to mention here that while filling in online application above, question was asked to choose any one of the following 3 options:
-is the child filling up application on his/her own
-is someone else is filling up application on his behalf
-is a third party is filling up application

and we chose option 1 above as my son was filling up this application online although we(parents) were sitting next to him to go through the whole process.

Is there anything to do with this question that at the end HO asked to sign consent form in question.
Can you please guide what should i do now.

solaced
United Kingdom

Post by solaced » Fri May 17, 2019 6:19 am

CAn anyone help me?
should we as parents sign the consent forms and upload OR ignore them because it might lead our son's ILR category to a different direction and creat complication.
PLEASE HELP!!!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri May 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Are you sure you are using the correct form or answered the questions correctly? This consent form should not appear for you unless you have not done one of the above. Or just ignore it as its not applicable in your case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.