ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translation Verification. *PLEASE HELP*

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

englimaxwell
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Translation Verification. *PLEASE HELP*

Post by englimaxwell » Wed May 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I am scanning the documents for my Russian wife's Biometric Appointment. We are applying for FLR (M). Regarding our marriage certificate, we had it translated with an apostille attached back in Russia, and we used it for her first entry visa.

However, I am worried that the information at the end that includes the information stating that the translation is accurate/date/person translating, is also in Russian! Is this a problem? I am hoping that they will accept it, especially as it was valid for our first visa.

Has anyone had this experience? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Only Me
United Kingdom

Re: Translation Verification. *PLEASE HELP*

Post by Only Me » Fri May 17, 2019 11:27 am

englimaxwell wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:33 pm
Hello everyone,

I am scanning the documents for my Russian wife's Biometric Appointment. We are applying for FLR (M). Regarding our marriage certificate, we had it translated with an apostille attached back in Russia, and we used it for her first entry visa.

However, I am worried that the information at the end that includes the information stating that the translation is accurate/date/person translating, is also in Russian! Is this a problem? I am hoping that they will accept it, especially as it was valid for our first visa.

Has anyone had this experience? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
My wife and I have just sent our supporting documents to UKVI for her spouse visa and we had every document copy apostilled and also the translations were carried out by an approved translation service in Russia, they suggested to have their stamp translated!

I have not read that UKVI require to have what you are asking translated, but we did, so as not to risk giving UKVI any excuse for rejecting our application. But it may differ for you as your wife has already been in the UK for a long while if your applying for FLR (M).