ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Commonwealth citizen in Prague

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mooty

Commonwealth citizen in Prague

Post by mooty » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:03 pm

I am posted this query on behalf of my brother. He is a commonwealth citizen and he is studying in Prague, Czech Republic. He has obtained a admission in the College in Manchester.
The main thurst of the question that he is got only 25 days left on his Czech Republic Visa. somebody has told him that he has to have 3 month visa in order to apply for study visa to uk from prague. Can he actually apply for study visa from Prague given he has only 25 days left on his CR visa? or should he go back to his home country and apply from there?

thanks in advance
rgds

Mooty

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:34 am

mooty

Post by mooty » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:25 pm

I have browed aforemtioned website thoroughly but couln't find appropriate information.

anybody?

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:06 pm

Mooty,

If you were told about having a 3 months validity on the Czech visa so he could apply for a UK visa, you may have to call the embassy in Czech to verify. It may well be true because the application has to be submitted to the embassy then obviously the Czech visa will run out.

The next options I see is him going back to his Commonwealth country and apply for the entry clearance from there or ask the Czech authorities to extend his visa.

The website will not always provide you with all the minor details.
They fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.

mooty

Post by mooty » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:02 pm

calling British Embassey Prague is dame expensive. 14 pound a minute. its tool much. anybody have any idea abt my query?