ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have ILR but how to apply for BC without absence proof?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Evika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Have ILR but how to apply for BC without absence proof?

Post by Evika » Fri May 17, 2019 9:17 pm

My passport was valid until next year but in January 2019 was lost by a visa application centre when I had applied to get a tourist visa to travel to Asia. They never accepted their fault but never found out what happened to my passport.

Had to get a new one.

I'm due to apply for BC soon. Unfortunately I don't have copies of all entry and exit stamps from the lost passport.

I was advised that they don't accept bank statements or regular rent transfers as proof of residence.

So I now have to wait for five years until I can apply?

SAR report had incomplete information.

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Re: Have ILR but how to apply for BC without absence proof?

Post by Irfan1648 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:30 am

Hi, I believe you can request from home office your information in regards to entry and exits under subject access request ,which you can use for you application

Evika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Evika » Sat May 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Irfan1648 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:30 am
Hi, I believe you can request from home office your information in regards to entry and exits under subject access request ,which you can use for you application
Hi

I did make a SAR request but unfortunately it didn't have all my entry exit data.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Sat May 18, 2019 4:14 pm

just do it like all the EU applicants, search the forum for more details but essentially include P60s or Payslips covering the relevant period. If you dont have those then council tax statements or letters from the NHS etc.

I just submitted P60s for 5 years and my last payslip.

You will still need to include a list of your absences but I pieced this together from flight tickets in my emails.