ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to replace expiring residence card with settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Minhr

How to replace expiring residence card with settled status

Post by Minhr » Sat May 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi,

I'm non-EU family memeber and received pre-settled status month ago. In November I'll be eligible to apply for settled status. But my residence card will expire few month after I'll get it. So my question is how can I get any new document confirming my status for travel purposes. As far as I know they send residence cards only for applicants who doesn't have any.

Thanks

hanihani
Chile

Re: How to replace expiring residence card with settled status

Post by hanihani » Sat May 18, 2019 3:53 pm

I have asked the same question before, it is a puzzle
As no mention In the Homeoffice website on how to renew it, and i called EU settlement scheme, they have no idea, one staff told me you don't need card once expired because other countries will be aware , i said so if I come from let's say South America where some countries don't deal with online things and I have to speak to immigration officer who probably won't speak English properly that I have an online stautes? And what if I don't have internet? He said yes, wow I said I don't think you know what you talking about , also you get few wanna be experts here saying you can just apply for a new residence card (lol)

I'm waiting impatient for añy news regarding that

Minhr

Post by Minhr » Sat May 18, 2019 7:09 pm

hanihani wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:53 pm
I have asked the same question before, it is a puzzle
As no mention In the Homeoffice website on how to renew it, and i called EU settlement scheme, they have no idea, one staff told me you don't need card once expired because other countries will be aware , i said so if I come from let's say South America where some countries don't deal with online things and I have to speak to immigration officer who probably won't speak English properly that I have an online stautes? And what if I don't have internet? He said yes, wow I said I don't think you know what you talking about , also you get few wanna be experts here saying you can just apply for a new residence card (lol)

I'm waiting impatient for añy news regarding that
They should give us some sort of ID's. It's not immigration officers we have to deal in foreign airports but airlines staff. They pay huge fines when people without visas got to plane so no one is going to take such risks and allow non-EU citizens to board the planes wthout any proof of residence. Obviously, they won't have access to UK Home Office database which is confidential.
Applying for new residence card is an amazing solution :)

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed May 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Minhr wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:23 pm
So my question is how can I get any new document confirming my status for travel purposes.
It is only reasonably expected that the HO will roll out a process to issue biometric cards to all those people who did not get one because they had a valid a EEA RC. This will be particularly important after Dec 31st 2020, when all RC cards are due to expire. There is no information as to how this is planned, whether there is going to be a massive automatic process and you don't need to do anything, or if people will need to actively apply for cards. But I imagine there is some kind of plan.

If you need to know soon, one good idea might be to ask your MP to raise the question with the Home Secretary, just as Yvette Cooper did in recent months, for which she got a public response here.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed May 22, 2019 12:43 pm

hanihani wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:53 pm
if I come from let's say South America where some countries don't deal with online things
There is perfectly working high speed internet in South America.
and I have to speak to immigration officer who probably won't speak English properly
First, you do not deal with immigration officers at airports when leaving a country. You deal with emigration staff (who won't care what your immigration status is in another country) and airlines staff.

Second, kindly be respectful. Airport and airlines staff at South American international airports speak decent English, and very often French and German.
I said I don't think you know what you talking about
Doesn't look like you do either.
you get few wanna be experts here saying you can just apply for a new residence card (lol)
That's because you can. Nothing stopping you from doing that, and is a valid option if you want to, for example, still have the right of visa-free travel to EU countries if traveling with your EU family member (which you cannot do with Settled status card). This is more convenient than having to apply for a Schengen visa every three months, if you travel often.

Kindly respect the time and effort of people who invest their time here to help others.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.