ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP name error made during application filling

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hamz197
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP name error made during application filling

Post by Hamz197 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:39 am

Hi All

I am starting this discussion because I have searched here and not found one like it before.

I applied for asylum and was granted after a very long battle with HO in Nov 2018 by the UT judge. Waited from November 2018 to 15 March 2019 to get implementation after writing to them. Was given biometric application form to fill but unfortunately my solicitor made a mistake on my surname by missing out one middle letter. I did nt check the application thoroughly as I trusted her after dealing with her for many years. So I just scanned through the name quickly and concentrated on real issues.

Now the Biometric came with with one letter missing as well. I informed HO BRP error online within 10 days. Got a response
within 5 days telling me to contact the team that worked on my case . I then contacted my case team who also answered within 3 days telling me they will NOTamend the mistake as it was an error on our part. They how ever advised me to apply for a replacement BRP.

Im struggled to get the correct form as there is no form for name correction except for online reporting. Looked for a guide found non applicable to my case except the same one for reporting the error. Emailed BRP error got no help Emailed we are digital no help also.

Other forms are for lost , stolen or damaged BRP or Change of name which requires deed poll evidence. Non of these apply to my situation as my BRP is not lost or damaged and my name is still the same sInce I applied for asylum.

So please your help if one out there had been in my situation before.

I m actually shocked to note that HO rarely refer to the original case notes to match all personal details when giving visas.

Any one in similar situation?

Hamz197
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: BRP name error made during application filling

Post by Hamz197 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:53 pm

It seems my brp problem is unique and no one has been in my situation before.

I have filled in a BRP RC app and just waiting to complete the process by attending my biometric data again and uploading support documents including a cover note to indicate what the app is for at the soprano site ria centre.

Will update you as soon I get anything from HO.