ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shid
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

EEA Family permit refusal

Post by shid » Sun May 19, 2019 10:37 am

Hello all, i was refuse a EEA family permit on the 29th of April 2019. my wife is a German citizen she has been living in the UK for the past 14 years. and she's also a student. BUt my refusal was based on the fact that, we failed to produced her enrollment letter from the university, and also her bank statement and comprehensive health insurance. altho she has her own comprehensive health insurance, but they said the insurance should cover the whole family, her, me and my step daughter. But the reason we did not produce her enrollment letter was the fact that she lost her student loan, and things became difficult for her. But she has decided to drop out of university for a year and look for a job so that she can save some money for me to be with her. any Advice plz cuz this is killing us right now.

kamoe
European Union

Re: EEA Family permit refusal

Post by kamoe » Thu May 23, 2019 5:20 pm

shid wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:37 am
my wife is a German citizen she has been living in the UK for the past 14 years. and she's also a student.
(...)
She has decided to drop out of university for a year and look for a job so that she can save some money for me to be with her.
Then she's not a student.

The most straightforward thing is for you to reapply when she gets a job and can prove she's working (a letter of employment and at least three payslips). An alternative is to apply now on the basis that she's a job seeker, but that's not as straightforward as having actual payslips (would need to submit proof that she's interviewing and applying for jobs, which might be a more subjective thing to do), so if at all you can, apply under the worker route, not job-seeker.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

shid
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by shid » Fri May 24, 2019 8:19 am

thanks for reaching out
she has got a job as a full time worker, but waiting for her contract to be giving to her today. But my question now is, should i apply with the contract giving to her or should i wait when she start work so i should also produce her pay slips?.and now that she has got a job, Do we still need the comprehensive sickness insurance to cover us?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Fri May 24, 2019 10:23 am

shid wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:19 am
should i apply with the contract giving to her or should i wait when she start work so i should also produce her pay slips?
Payslips are a strong piece of evidence, but only a contract is also good. I would say, if at all you can wait a month or two so you have additional evidence of her worker status, then no harm in waiting a bit; but if you are in a real hurry you can try to apply now. it's free, so no harm either in trying.
.and now that she has got a job, Do we still need the comprehensive sickness insurance to cover us?
No, you don't.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

shid
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by shid » Fri May 24, 2019 11:01 am

Thanks again for your help, i am grateful.
this Brexit and all it troubles is my worry.