ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP conversion to Teir 1 - English & Fund Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jmirror
Newly Registered

HSMP conversion to Teir 1 - English & Fund Requirement

Post by Jmirror » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:07 am

Dear all

I would highly appreciate if someone clarify the following new requirement before my visa extension, sorry if this is already anwered.

I am living in UK under HSMP scheme for 3 & half years (1+3 years visa). Now I have to apply apply for another 1 year extension before my ILR. Could any one please let me know about

1) English Requirement

Do i still need to prove my English given that I living in UK for that long and during all that time I have been in full time employement.

Even if this is still requirement can I show
- my IELTS reults of 2004 (scoring 6.5)

2) Funds

- My only dependant is my wife and she at moment is unemployed and don't have any account. How much do I need to show for both of us.

- account is currently in my name only, should I transfered this to our joint name or it is better to open a separate account for her.

Your advise would very much welcomed.

Have a great weekend.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:18 am

2) Funds

- My only dependant is my wife and she at moment is unemployed and don't have any account. How much do I need to show for both of us.

- account is currently in my name only, should I transfered this to our joint name or it is better to open a separate account for her.
All the information related to maintenance funds for dependents available here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:52 pm

1. Since your HSMP was approved before Dec-06 rules were introduced, (as you might be aware) you are amongst those who are affected by the recent HSMP JR. The judgment clearly says that your HSMP extensions will be based on extension criteria that were in place before Dec-06 changes. In other words, you can meet the English Language requirements today with the same evidence that you provided at the time of your initial HSMP application. Alternatively, since you have an IELTS result (even if more than 2 yrs. old), you can use the same to fulfil the English Language requirements.

2. Since you have been in UK for longer than 12 months, you will have to show maintenance funds of 533 pounds for each of your dependents. I would recommend that you open an account in the name of your wife and transfer required amount of funds to her account, which she can then show as evidence of maintenance funds at the time of EC. Please remember that the required min. funds (i.e.- 533 * no. of dependents) must be maintained in the account everyday for 3 months prior to the EC application.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi there

1. For those who are extending there hsmp into tier 1, any IELTS report of 6.5 and above will be accpeted irrespective of its date i.e: yours will be fine even if its more than 2 years old as long as your score is 6.5

2. as advised above

I wish you best of luck, and hopefully you get 3 years extension under tier 1, which gives you peace of mind until you get your PR

Good luck

Jmirror
Newly Registered

Post by Jmirror » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:21 pm

Dear sushdmehta & wpleo

Thank you very much for detailed guidance: very much appreaicte that;

Good luck to you both

cheers