ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Combine Leave to Enter + Spouse Visa for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DanJ2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Combine Leave to Enter + Spouse Visa for ILR

Post by DanJ2019 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi There -

I initially entered the UK on a leave to enter visa outside of the rules (right to family life. My wife was caring for her mother and didn’t meet income requirement). After 2.5 years I switched to a spouse visa. For clarity, my wife and I have been together over 10 years (only last 5 living in UK).

Can the initial 2.5 years on leave to enter/family life be combined with the latter 2.5 years on spouse visa for 5 year spouse ILR?

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Combine Leave to Enter + Spouse Visa for ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:55 pm

My understanding is that you need 5 years on the FLR(M) spouse visa route before you qualify for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nenepep
Newly Registered

Re: Combine Leave to Enter + Spouse Visa for ILR

Post by Nenepep » Sun May 19, 2019 10:20 pm

DanJ2019 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:54 pm
Hi There -

I initially entered the UK on a leave to enter visa outside of the rules (right to family life. My wife was caring for her mother and didn’t meet income requirement). After 2.5 years I switched to a spouse visa. For clarity, my wife and I have been together over 10 years (only last 5 living in UK).

Can the initial 2.5 years on leave to enter/family life be combined with the latter 2.5 years on spouse visa for 5 year spouse ILR?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, any luck with your application? Did you go for the ILR or spouse visa extension?