ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shIne
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by shIne » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:33 am

Hi all,
My wife is a EU national and she is in UK for 8 months and i am a non EEA national came to uk in family permit 4 months back and i have applied for a EEA residence card in march but i heard recently that my wife should hold a registration certificate from the home office.But we have not applied for a registration certificate for her, will this affect my application.
shine

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by thsths » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:10 am

shIne wrote:My wife is a EU national and she is in UK for 8 months and i am a non EEA national came to uk in family permit 4 months back and i have applied for a EEA residence card in march but i heard recently that my wife should hold a registration certificate from the home office.
No, there is no reason to apply for a registration certificate. I did together with the EEA2 application (because we had to hand in all the documents anyway), but I have not found a single use for it yet.

The residence card on the other hand is an important document, which makes life a lot easier for you.

Tom

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:13 am

21.4.15 - After entry wrote:Please note, registration certificates and residence cards are not currently required in the UK in order to be considered legally resident. (EEA nationals and their family members may choose to apply for this documentation as confirmation of their right of residence).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shIne
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by shIne » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:44 pm

Thanks guys,
still have a ?, do they take six months to decide an application bcoz without a passport it is difficult for me to find a job as most of my applications are online and it is not really possible to explain my position, i presume that i need to wait for the passport to get a job.
shine

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by thsths » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:03 pm

shIne wrote:do they take six months to decide an application bcoz without a passport it is difficult for me to find a job as most of my applications are online and it is not really possible to explain my position, i presume that i need to wait for the passport to get a job.
Just keep the passport and send a copy of it. After about 5 months you will get a letter that asks for up to date documents and your passport.

Tom
Last edited by thsths on Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shIne
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by shIne » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:18 pm

HI
But i already sent my passport and it had been with them almost for 3 1/2 months.my wife is on continuous employment and i am just doing my unpaid training [ie] i havent got my NI number , will this affect the application if i mention while updating in the fifth month.