ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Dependent- Child Visa Switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

josephboban
Newly Registered
India

Dependents Switch from Tier2 ICT Dependants to Tier2 General and Tier2 General Dependant

Post by josephboban » Sun May 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi

I am Tier 2 ICT long term (2 yrs) expiring this year Sept ,and my wife and Kid on ICT Dependent, My wife got a sponsor here and she and kid are switching to Tier 2 General , for this they will be travelling back to India and will be travelling back together as well.

Questions here are
1) Documents required for Dependant Kid,any consent letter that i need to sign and provide ? if yes any format that should be followed
2) Does the wife's employer need to provide any employer maintenance letter ? ( on her COS Tick to certify maintenance for migrant(and dependants,if applicable) as Y ) already
3) What are the supporting documents to be provided /asked for from wife's employer for dependant kid's application
4)While filling the online Visa application form for wife, for the Question *Do you have any family in the UK
have mentioned as Yes and have given both mine and kid's( even though kid also has to switch along with wife) details,also for the question What permission do they have to be in the UK -They have temporary Visa, are these selections correct please clarify
5)While filling the online Visa application form for Kid,for the Question *Do you have any family in the UK apart from Wife ( on whose dependent visa the kid will be )have mentioned as Yes and have given both my details,also for the question What permission do they have to be in the UK -They have temporary Visa, are these selections correct please clarify
6) Will be staying at the same address till the switch for wife and kid are over , so any address proof to be provided for the visa application.
7) Any other documents that will be needed to support kids application

please suggest

Thank you..

josephboban
Newly Registered
India

Re: Dependents Switch from Tier2 ICT Dependants to Tier2 General and Tier2 General Dependant

Post by josephboban » Sun May 19, 2019 10:39 am

Hello Team,

Kindly give a reply to the queries

josephboban
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General Dependent - Child

Post by josephboban » Sun May 19, 2019 11:33 am

Hello Team,

For applying for Tier 2 General Dependent - Child ( applying along with Tier 2 General main applicant), is it mandatory that the other parent should be in the UK ?
For the Visa to be granted will they check that both the parents will be along with the child in the UK?

If yes what should be the minimum visa period that has to be there for one of the parent who is already in UK?

Please advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent - Child

Post by CR001 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:51 am

For applying for Tier 2 General Dependent - Child ( applying along with Tier 2 General main applicant), is it mandatory that the other parent should be in the UK ?
The other parent must either be in the UK lawfully OR being applying for a dependent visa at the same time.
For the Visa to be granted will they check that both the parents will be along with the child in the UK?
Yes.
If yes what should be the minimum visa period that has to be there for one of the parent who is already in UK?
The rules don't state a minimum. It simply states the other parent must be lawfully in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

josephboban
Newly Registered
India

Post by josephboban » Sun May 19, 2019 12:42 pm

Thank you for the reply...
- must be lawfully in the UK- could you please elaborate what this means?
the other parent is already in UK on ICT valid till sept 2019 and planning to become dependent later once the tier 2 general main application is back.

The tier 2 general visa main applicant (one of the parent)is applying for dependent child visa along with main applicant, will this match the criteria for dependent child visa ? the timeline of sept 2019

Kindly advice..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:05 pm

Lawfully in the UK, ie holding a valid visa other than a visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

josephboban
Newly Registered
India

Post by josephboban » Sun May 19, 2019 1:10 pm

Thank you for replying again..
Kindly answer the below queries as well that was asked earlier in a separate post..
Dependents Switch from Tier2 ICT Dependants to Tier2 General and Tier2 General Dependant

Hi

I am Tier 2 ICT long term (2 yrs) expiring this year Sept ,and my wife and Kid on ICT Dependent, My wife got a sponsor here and she and kid are switching to Tier 2 General , for this they will be travelling back to India and will be travelling back together as well.

Questions here are
1) Documents required for Dependant Kid,any consent letter that i need to sign and provide ? if yes any format that should be followed
2) Does the wife's employer need to provide any employer maintenance letter ? ( on her COS Tick to certify maintenance for migrant(and dependants,if applicable) as Y ) already
3) What are the supporting documents to be provided /asked for from wife's employer for dependant kid's application
4)While filling the online Visa application form for wife, for the Question *Do you have any family in the UK
have mentioned as Yes and have given both mine and kid's( even though kid also has to switch along with wife) details,also for the question What permission do they have to be in the UK -They have temporary Visa, are these selections correct please clarify
5)While filling the online Visa application form for Kid,for the Question *Do you have any family in the UK apart from Wife ( on whose dependent visa the kid will be )have mentioned as Yes and have given both my details,also for the question What permission do they have to be in the UK -They have temporary Visa, are these selections correct please clarify
6) Will be staying at the same address till the switch for wife and kid are over , so any address proof to be provided for the visa application.
7) Any other documents that will be needed to support kids application

Thank you...

josephboban
Newly Registered
India

Advice on Dependent- Child Visa Switch

Post by josephboban » Mon May 20, 2019 8:38 am

Hello Team

I am Tier 2 ICT long term (2 yrs) expiring this year Sept ,and my wife and Kid on ICT Dependent,
My wife got a sponsor here and she will be travelling back to India for switching to Tier 2 General.
My Visa is Tier 2 ICT and cannot switch before July this year

Query here is for Kid who is currently on ICT dependent ,which option should i choose to switch to Tier 2 General dependent, should the kid travel along with wife and switch together or switch here in the UK along with me ?

If the kid try to switch from outside UK now, since my visa is only till Sept 2019 ,will that create a problem, as have read for child visa both the parents should have valid visa( not sure what time period it has to be there) and should be along with the kid in UK

Kindly advice..
Thank you..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice on Dependent- Child Visa Switch

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:26 am

Query here is for Kid who is currently on ICT dependent ,which option should i choose to switch to Tier 2 General dependent, should the kid travel along with wife and switch together or switch here in the UK along with me ?
Either option.
If the kid try to switch from outside UK now, since my visa is only till Sept 2019 ,will that create a problem, as have read for child visa both the parents should have valid visa( not sure what time period it has to be there) and should be along with the kid in UK
NO!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:28 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

josephboban
Newly Registered
India

Post by josephboban » Mon May 20, 2019 9:56 am

Thank you for the reply..