ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any help given will be highly appreciated

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maya nalya

Re: Any help given will be highly appreciated

Post by maya nalya » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:34 am

maya nalya wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:42 pm
hello
I'm told that I don't qualify for retained rights of residence because of my absence in UK and that I should just forget that.

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:41 am

maya nalya wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:34 am
maya nalya wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:42 pm
hello
I'm told that I don't qualify for retained rights of residence because of my absence in UK and that I should just forget that.

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:55 pm

Please help me
I really don't know what the lawyer told me is true, is it true that I can't apply for retained rights of residence. Please help me

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Thu May 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Hello to all

I talked to the solicitor about my situation and I was advised the best option for me would flr/fp 10 years route or zamborano. The home office fee is tremendously a lot, plus the solicitors, so I was hoping to try do it myself, I really your guidance and help. The solicitor had told me my 18 month absence in the UK will be accompanied with case laws to home office won't find a reason to reject the case because I have managed to stay outside eea for long. But because I don't work and have funds I want to try do this. I need help plz :?

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Thu May 02, 2019 3:55 pm

What I could never understand is how did you manage to get back into the country? You must have had some sort of entry clearance?
If you are indeed a victim of domestic violence then the whole situation changes. You know it I'm sure.
Weird.
Unless you tell people the truth nobody will be able to help.

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Fri May 03, 2019 9:41 pm

NatCam wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:55 pm
What I could never understand is how did you manage to get back into the country? You must have had some sort of entry clearance?
If you are indeed a victim of domestic violence then the whole situation changes. You know it I'm sure.
Weird.
Unless you tell people the truth nobody will be able to help.

Seriously whatever I told the forum is nothing but the truth, I wouldn't waste anyone's precious time here.
I went to Africa for few months and would return back, but as I did try to come, he told me not to come and followed this with endless audio threats which I still have. Some time later, I talked to his sister ( in his country) to talk to him and he got so angry and threatened me again not to come back, and if I forced myself to return he would take the kids and give them to government or to his family and I have proof of the audio. I have audios where he threats to kill me when he see me, finish me and send me back. He went on refusing me to return, then some time after his sister told me he was in hospital, so I tried to plan to come that time but he stopped me gain with threats and sent me an audio where he cut his neck and it was bleeding and more killing me audios. Weeks later, he told me I should wait until he was out of hospital to make the decision about my return. He further went on to tell me, that if he decided I return then he will let me know, if he decided not, he would come and take his kids away. I was very scared that time as I waited, he stayed there for seven months. So when he came out he decided I return, and I had overstayed (I'm a Somali nationality but I didn't go to Somalia because my family now resides in another Africa country) so that's how I overstayed. The problem came he was not working since forever so he didn't have the money, I had to wait for a while to get the money (which I got myself not him). Everything was okay now, trying to let the fear in me fade, and then he told me he wasn't taking his medicine as he had been prescribed by the doctor, Instead of 3 night tablets he took 1, and morning he did same. I have texts where I kept begged him to take his medicine as his been advised but he kept ignoring me, and its when I decided to tell him a different return date. I was returning on Friday but told him Monday, I sincerely did that because I was afraid he could be unwell, and I decided to take the kids to my sister first and then go see him. And if he was unwell I would call his doctor for help and If he was okay I would bring the kids with us. He called me the next and figured out I was in UK, he called me threatening me and kept sending me more audio. I haven't seen him since, I'm afraid to meet him. So many Incidents before I left that I told no one about, like after I found medicine under his bed and jacket, when I asked him, he was very angry and he threatened to beat me up to the point where I wouldn't even have the strength to crawl and grab the phone to call police and by the time I gain consciousness he would be far gone with th kids. For a while I was afraid to talk about his medicine, I guess he suspected I was scared and he came up with forgetting things, his memory was blurry. I believed him blindly and even became his babysitter, watching over him like a kid. He was so forgetful that it scared me, and I talked to his sister and he told me he seemed very fine and hadn't noticed that. And then everything sank in, I wondered how he remembered his park dates with friends, and going to play dominos at the cafeteria everyday. I told his doctor his memory was blurry and was too forgetful, and when asked, he admitted it was true but reaching home it was mental torture, I regretted doing telling his doctor. It's a long story and some other incidents I'm ashamed and scared to write them. I was never allowed to have friends. I was never allowed to work. I was made feel useless every time he trashed my race, everyday saying he hated black people and some days he would say, "this day I pray no black person cross my path" and yet he had a black wife. In Wolverhampton he used to lock me inside the house and go with the key. Months before I left UK, I sent an email to women shelter about assisting me and I was shocked by her reply, "hello can someone please help her many thanks." I didn't know where to turn for help.

The immigration control never asked me anything, because he never reported me I went with the kids for Long, or my absence because he knew he refused me to come on two occasions and he knew I had evidence to his threats. He also knew I was going back to him, which I was though I was scared to live there again, and he misinterpreted my concern for his health, kids safety and mine, when he realized I had returned a day before and he wasn't aware, but he was not taking medicine I was afraid to risk.
And I never reported him because I was scared of him and scared of loosing my kids. I kept denying and telling different stories to his doctors because I was scared of him, for the kids, more scared I would be kicked out of the country and my kids taken away.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:56 pm

You really need to speak to welfare society who look after women like you . You also need to contact police and file a case against him . Keep all the audio recording . It will
Help you in future

This is serious case if he is threatening you . You must contact citizen advise bureau ASAP
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Mon May 20, 2019 2:02 pm

Seriously whatever I told the forum is nothing but the truth, I wouldn't waste anyone's precious time here.
I went to Africa for few months and would return back, but as I did try to come, he told me not to come and followed this with endless audio threats which I still have. Some time later, I talked to his sister ( in his country) to talk to him and he got so angry and threatened me again not to come back, and if I forced myself to return he would take the kids and give them to government or to his family and I have proof of the audio. I have audios where he threats to kill me when he see me, finish me and send me back. He went on refusing me to return, then some time after his sister told me he was in hospital, so I tried to plan to come that time but he stopped me gain with threats and sent me an audio where he cut his neck and it was bleeding and more killing me audios. Weeks later, he told me I should wait until he was out of hospital to make the decision about my return. He further went on to tell me, that if he decided I return then he will let me know, if he decided not, he would come and take his kids away. I was very scared that time as I waited, he stayed there for seven months. So when he came out he decided I return, and I had overstayed (I'm a Somali nationality but I didn't go to Somalia because my family now resides in another Africa country) so that's how I overstayed. The problem came he was not working since forever so he didn't have the money, I had to wait for a while to get the money (which I got myself not him). Everything was okay now, trying to let the fear in me fade, and then he told me he wasn't taking his medicine as he had been prescribed by the doctor, Instead of 3 night tablets he took 1, and morning he did same. I have texts where I kept begged him to take his medicine as his been advised but he kept ignoring me, and its when I decided to tell him a different return date. I was returning on Friday but told him Monday, I sincerely did that because I was afraid he could be unwell, and I decided to take the kids to my sister first and then go see him. And if he was unwell I would call his doctor for help and If he was okay I would bring the kids with us. He called me the next and figured out I was in UK, he called me threatening me and kept sending me more audio. I haven't seen him since, I'm afraid to meet him. So many Incidents before I left that I told no one about, like after I found medicine under his bed and jacket, when I asked him, he was very angry and he threatened to beat me up to the point where I wouldn't even have the strength to crawl and grab the phone to call police and by the time I gain consciousness he would be far gone with th kids. For a while I was afraid to talk about his medicine, I guess he suspected I was scared and he came up with forgetting things, his memory was blurry. I believed him blindly and even became his babysitter, watching over him like a kid. He was so forgetful that it scared me, and I talked to his sister and he told me he seemed very fine and hadn't noticed that. And then everything sank in, I wondered how he remembered his park dates with friends, and going to play dominos at the cafeteria everyday. I told his doctor his memory was blurry and was too forgetful, and when asked, he admitted it was true but reaching home it was mental torture, I regretted doing telling his doctor. It's a long story and some other incidents I'm ashamed and scared to write them. I was never allowed to have friends. I was never allowed to work. I was made feel useless every time he trashed my race, everyday saying he hated black people and some days he would say, "this day I pray no black person cross my path" and yet he had a black wife. In Wolverhampton he used to lock me inside the house and go with the key. Months before I left UK, I sent an email to women shelter about assisting me and I was shocked by her reply, "hello can someone please help her many thanks." I didn't know where to turn for help.

The immigration control never asked me anything, because he never reported me I went with the kids for Long, or my absence because he knew he refused me to come on two occasions and he knew I had evidence to his threats. He also knew I was going back to him, which I was though I was scared to live there again, and he misinterpreted my concern for his health, kids safety and mine, when he realized I had returned a day before and he wasn't aware, but he was not taking medicine I was afraid to risk.
And I never reported him because I was scared of him and scared of loosing my kids. I kept denying and telling different stories to his doctors because I was scared of him, for the kids, more scared I would be kicked out of the country and my kids taken away.
[/quote]

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Mon May 20, 2019 2:59 pm

I can only give you moral support. If moderators allow me to have your contact details, I'm willing to speak to you directly.
You were given good advise though - seek protection and file for divorce. You have two British kids - nobody can throw you out.
P.S. I haven't read your last post. I guess nothing has changed and it is just the same story. I would like to speak to you directly on skype.