ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Langusge Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naveenmehta20
Newly Registered

English Langusge Requirement

Post by naveenmehta20 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi Guys,

As per my understsnding i need to apply for my Visa extansion under Tier 1 - general as i am on HSMP as of now.

For HSMP extension home office wanted a letter as evidence from the insititute to indicate that the medium of instruction was english. It was mentioned in the guidence notes as well.

But currently when i read the tier 1 - general extension guidence notes...they have not mentioned anything about such a certificate from the institution to be submitted to confirm english was medium of instruction in the degree concerned.

Can someone please confirm that that the english certificate is no more required?

Also if my degree appears in english requirements list in self assesment tool, should i need any thing (like NARIC letter or english exam etc) to get 10 points of english requirement.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:30 pm

Make an effort to search the forum for information already available, before you post your queries. You might not then need to raise a query at all. Here's your answer - already available on the forum.

With regards to self-assessment tool, suggest that you read the guidance notes *carefully* on how to ascertain whether your qualification(s) fulfil the english language requirements or not.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!