ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent treatment form for Tier 1 - needed - **urgent**

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

urgentr

Urgent treatment form for Tier 1 - needed - **urgent**

Post by urgentr » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi,

I am applying for Tier 1 General from the WP status by 30th june 2008. However My WP is expiring by 31 Jul 08. Could you please let me know if it is possible to send the application for switching to tier 1 along with the urgent treatment form. Saying the reason that my WP expires on 31st july 2008. Also please tell me or send me the urgent treatment forms if any one has got the same.

Thanks in advance,
Maha

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:02 pm

Honestly, it's not UKBA's problem if you decide to apply at the very last moment. The expiry of your WP by July end is not reason enough to warrant an urgent treatment.

Even if your current leave expires while your applicaton is under consideration, you will still be a legal resident until the decision is made. So, why would UKBA consider your case urgently??

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vinoth7007

Post by vinoth7007 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Honestly, it's not UKBA's problem if you decide to apply at the very last moment.
I dont mean to antagonise your statement or hurt you.

HO keeps changing rules often. Before the advice was to apply not before 4/5 weeks of visa expiry atleast for HSMP. Only now they are suggesting to apply asap. So it is easy to get misled. I understand it is not UKBA's problem. If things keep changing so often it is difficult for us to keep an up to date unless we constantly review posts from forums like this and learn from others mistakes.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:24 pm

When to apply wrote:If you are already in the United Kingdom, you should apply to stay as soon as possible and before your current leave runs out. We encourage you to apply one month before your leave runs out.
The way I understand it, the statement means the following - UKBA advises you to switch from one visa cateogry to another (if you are allowed to, can and want to) as soon as you can. If you want to extend your leave to remain under the same category as you hold currently, UKBA recommends that you apply only within 28 days of expiry of your current leave.

This is a personal understanding and I am sure there are others who would disagree or have a different point of view.

Anyhow, the OP had raised a query as to whether his circumstances could justify an urgent treatment of his application and, as I don't believe that they do, I responded accordingly.

regards

frenzy_nuts
Newly Registered

Urgent treatment form

Post by frenzy_nuts » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi,

Please let me know if there is any urgent treatment form for tier 1? How to request for urgent treatment of the application.

Regards,
Vikas

urgentr

Tier 1 Urgent Treatment form

Post by urgentr » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your input. Anyways I understand that my question was not so clear. I have applied for the Tier 1 on 01st june. Now it is likely that I might have to leave uk by end of july and in that case I did see the HSMP Urgent Treatment form being available in the agency website.

I just wanted to check if there is a provision for Urgent treatment for tier 1 application is possible or not.
If yes, someone please let me know the procedure for the same and also the forms if available.
Thanks,
Maha

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:05 pm

There is no urgent treatment form for Tier 1 applications, unlike HSMP.

In case you believe you have a compelling reason to request for an urgent treatment of your application, you will need to draft a letter for the same, provide documentary evidence (as to why UKBA should consider your application urgently) and fax it to 0114 207 6555 or, alternatively, you can post it to PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA.

Please note that there is no guarantee that your application will be treated urgently even after your request. If you search the forum, you'll note many cases where urgent treatment requests have been ignored by UKBA.

regards

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:07 pm

I saw an consultant a month or so ago and he said that the chances of getting urgent treatment for tier 1 is low. He said that a possibility could be that, after you hand in your form, you need to get an offer of employment letter stating that they want you to start straight away. Then again, it really depends on how quick the case worker wants to work and if he or she will even consider it.