ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from Work Permit to ILR dependent?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hk_007

Changing from Work Permit to ILR dependent?

Post by hk_007 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:18 am

Hello all..I am looking to see if someone can help me here. I hold a HSMP visa and am about to apply for ILR. My wife holds a work permit and I would like to include her in my application for ILR as dependent - is this possible?

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:36 pm

As far as I know your wife need to change her work permit visa into an HSMP dependent visa (not sure if that could be done in country) before you can include her as your dependent in ILR application. Moreover again as far as I know you need to be married for two years before you can include your wife as your dependent in ILR application (if on HSMP).

I will let more knowledgable memebers comment / correct me.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:13 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:06 pm

Thanks folks...I also got a similar reply from HO. Though it seems quite illogical that WP status has to be changed to HSMP dependent status before my wife becomes eligible to be included as my dependent in my ILR application. This is in spite of my wife first entrying the UK as my dependent 4+years ago and then changed to WP. But then logic and bureaucracy are not always compatible are they ':roll:'