ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Account Funds for EC --- Be Careful

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ravib

Post by ravib » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:26 am

Hi All,

Those who are maintaining funds in Joint account for EC purpose , British High Commission is not accepting Joint Account funds for EC purpose ( even with Spouse ) , with effect from 19th Jun 2008.

Its a cheating . I fall under transitional arrangements category .. and my letter expires in July 2008 . Now they have changed the rules...

Is there any way to stop this injustice happening with HSMP applicants fromk India.

Regards
Ravi

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:36 am

Any written/email confirmation, any links?

ravib

hi

Post by ravib » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:57 am

I called BHC , Chennai and they told me the information..

Regards
Ravi

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:15 am

There is a simple work around to this situation, you can request your bank to remove the name of second account holder from your account, a simple solution. Then the bank statement would reflect only your name.

Also after you get your EC done, you can add the other holder's name to your account.

Also one more thing, the above fact (joint account not valid) is true only for main applicants, it is NOT true for dependent applications.

This means that dependents CAN USE JOINT ACCOUNTS/ or accounts solely owned by main applicant for showing maintenance funds
This information is available here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/

By the way I am just curious, did you call on any number mentioned in following contact details?

British Deputy High Commission
20 Anderson Road
Chennai- 600006
Office hours:
0830-1630 hrs (Mon-Thur)
0830-1330 hrs (Friday)
Phone: (91-44) 42192151
Fax: (91-44) 42192322
Duty Officer: 9840082731

Or did you contact the VFS customer care ((080) 40084008) ?

Thanks for sharing this information with all applicants!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Joint Account Funds for EC --- Be Careful

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:37 pm

Any luck with your administrative review??

regards
ravib wrote:Hi All,

Those who are maintaining funds in Joint account for EC purpose , British High Commission is not accepting Joint Account funds for EC purpose ( even with Spouse ) , with effect from 19th Jun 2008.

Its a cheating . I fall under transitional arrangements category .. and my letter expires in July 2008 . Now they have changed the rules...

Is there any way to stop this injustice happening with HSMP applicants fromk India.

Regards
Ravi
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:35 pm

Here is an extract taken directly from the UKBA website:

For applications submitted within the United Kingdom on or after 30 June 2008, and for applications submitted from within India, you will have to meet the requirements below.

Maintenance (funds) can be:

* cash savings in your bank account that have been in your account for at least three months before your application;
* funds held in a joint bank account that have been in your joint account for at least three months before your application;
* funds held in a bank account overseas (we convert the amount to pounds sterling using the rate which appears on www.oanda.com and the date on your bank statement), that have been in your account for at least three months before your application;
* cash held in a trust fund.

In light of the above, i don't see how they can reject joint bank accounts.

Regards
Ravi

ravib

Post by ravib » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:46 am

Hi ,

I asked the same to the British High Commission , Chennai , they are saying for Indian Unit as of 19th Jun , they took a decision that they are not going to accept the Joint accounts . This is not fair. They take some decisions internally and when we apply or EC , they reject with a reason , which we were never communicated by anyone....moreover my letter expires in JUly...if they are changing something they should see thhat applicants already into the process should not get affected.

Lets see what happenss.

Regards
Ravi

hsmp1412 wrote:Here is an extract taken directly from the UKBA website:

For applications submitted within the United Kingdom on or after 30 June 2008, and for applications submitted from within India, you will have to meet the requirements below.

Maintenance (funds) can be:

* cash savings in your bank account that have been in your account for at least three months before your application;
* funds held in a joint bank account that have been in your joint account for at least three months before your application;
* funds held in a bank account overseas (we convert the amount to pounds sterling using the rate which appears on www.oanda.com and the date on your bank statement), that have been in your account for at least three months before your application;
* cash held in a trust fund.

In light of the above, i don't see how they can reject joint bank accounts.

Regards
Ravi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:20 am

I would recommend that you write a strong worded letter addressed to Director of Visa Services, British High Commission, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021, and explain the arbritary conditions being applied to you (and other PBS EC applicants in India, in general).

If I were you, I would take this opportunity to also complain about the pathetic service provided by VFS and highlight the fact that VFS is never able to provide applicants with accurate and complete information regarding EC applications and their website never reflects uptodate information either.

If more people can join in making a formal complaint against these arbitrary decisions and lack of communication channel (pathetic VFS) that prevents the applicants to become aware of such decisions in time, the better it will be (hopefully).

Just a personal suggestion.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:37 am

TOTALLY AGREED with with your statement , if this has happened to someone else than we can also face the same situation in comming future with our application .

Not at all in this case only but many other new policies which these CW develop at their dinner table and in the morning implement the same without any updation or any deadline date mentioned

regards,
deepinder

ravib

Hi

Post by ravib » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:19 am

Hi Mehta,

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes this is not fair. I will escalate this to the senior officials.

My admin review was not considered...( for 3 month fund maintenance issue ) ...they sent me the same refusal note...

Last time , I was a bit impolite in my communication to you . I am sorry about that .

Thanks for your contribution in this forum.

Regards
Ravi

sushdmehta wrote:I would recommend that you write a strong worded letter addressed to Director of Visa Services, British High Commission, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021, and explain the arbritary conditions being applied to you (and other PBS EC applicants in India, in general).

If I were you, I would take this opportunity to also complain about the pathetic service provided by VFS and highlight the fact that VFS is never able to provide applicants with accurate and complete information regarding EC applications and their website never reflects uptodate information either.

If more people can join in making a formal complaint against these arbitrary decisions and lack of communication channel (pathetic VFS) that prevents the applicants to become aware of such decisions in time, the better it will be (hopefully).

Just a personal suggestion.

regards

A'rie
Newly Registered

Maintenance requirements

Post by A'rie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:13 am

Hi all,

I'm from South Korea. I'm waiting for my HSMP letter (not Tier 1). If approved I have to apply for EC. Under transitional arrangement for applicants outside the UK and not from India, do we also have to meet the 3 months criteria.
HSMP rules: you have to show that you have the necessary amount of money, regardless of the time period in your account. Does this still apply for us OR would I have to show that the money was in my account for the last 3 months.

Thanks in advance,
A'rie

ravib

Re: Maintenance requirements

Post by ravib » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:32 am

Hi A'rie,

HSMP program is already closed on Jun 29'2008 worldwide. Now You need to show the funds in bank account for 3 months . This applies to you as well, inspite of the fact that you applied for the initial approval before Jun 29 2008 . There is no more HSMP now. You need to file EC under Tier I.

Regards
Ravi

A'rie wrote:Hi all,

I'm from South Korea. I'm waiting for my HSMP letter (not Tier 1). If approved I have to apply for EC. Under transitional arrangement for applicants outside the UK and not from India, do we also have to meet the 3 months criteria.
HSMP rules: you have to show that you have the necessary amount of money, regardless of the time period in your account. Does this still apply for us OR would I have to show that the money was in my account for the last 3 months.

Thanks in advance,
A'rie

ravib

Re: Maintenance requirements

Post by ravib » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:27 am

All,

Finally BHC considered my complaints and said "OK" for Joint account with Spouse .. I am going ahead applying for EC ...Thanks.

Regards
Ravi

ajit_akm
Newly Registered

Joint Account...

Post by ajit_akm » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi Ravi,

You have written that finally BHC agreed to your complaints and you are proceeding for EC again with the joint account! Since I have applied for EC recently involving a joint account with my wife, I would like to know what would be the result and should I take any action as of now. Note that I have also given an NO-OBJECTION AFFIDAVIT from my wife and I have also applied for her as dependant.

Please let me know what you did after you came to know that BHC is not accepting joint accounts from 19th June.

Thanks in advance and Good Luck to you...
Ajit

RM1974
Newly Registered

Re: Joint Account...

Post by RM1974 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:01 pm

ajit_akm wrote:Hi Ravi,

You have written that finally BHC agreed to your complaints and you are proceeding for EC again with the joint account! Since I have applied for EC recently involving a joint account with my wife, I would like to know what would be the result and should I take any action as of now. Note that I have also given an NO-OBJECTION AFFIDAVIT from my wife and I have also applied for her as dependant.

Please let me know what you did after you came to know that BHC is not accepting joint accounts from 19th June.

Thanks in advance and Good Luck to you...
Ajit
Hi Ajit,

The UK Consulate in India is currently accepting joint account with spouse only after the same was mentioned on the BIA web site.

ravib

Post by ravib » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:26 am

Hi Ajit ,

When did you applied for EC .. Because as of now , BHC is accepting Joint accoun with Spouse , ( with effect from 07-Jul-2008 )........If they didnt made your decision as of that date , then you need not worry. But I can definetely say that you will get a positive result..

Regards
Ravi

rely

Post by rely » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:46 am

They are accepting joint accounts with spouse I checked with their banglore office,receiver also told to include no objection letter from spouse,even if she is accompanying or joining later within a year.
rely

ravib wrote:Hi Ajit ,

When did you applied for EC .. Because as of now , BHC is accepting Joint accoun with Spouse , ( with effect from 07-Jul-2008 )........If they didnt made your decision as of that date , then you need not worry. But I can definetely say that you will get a positive result..

Regards
Ravi

srinivasan_pts
Newly Registered

Visa application rejected for reason of Joint account.

Post by srinivasan_pts » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:56 am

:oops:

My Visa application is reject for the reason for maintaining the fund in the joint account with my father.