ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting fired from tier 2 months before LR 10years mark

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Applepie9
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Getting fired from tier 2 months before LR 10years mark

Post by Applepie9 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi,

I’ve been in the UK since 2009 September through tier 4, then switched to tier 2 in Aug 2017. From what I understand, I will be able to apply for long residence in Sept 2019 this year.

My issue is that it’s looking increasing likely that I will be fired in around 2 months time, around mid July is my guess. This is due to my sub par performance in the job, nothing more. Say I am fired in July, this means that I have to leave the country within 60 days, so around September, which is around the time I am eligible for LR.

My question is if I do get fired in July, will I still be able to apply for LR? And how less likely will it be approved as I will be unemployed at that time?

Another tier 2 visa is not really a feasible route as I’m still in a junior position and all the job I searched for either won’t sponsor for junior or they don’t have a license t sponsor to begin with.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Getting fired from tier 2 months before LR 10years mark

Post by CR001 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:00 pm

The 60 days curtailment starts when you get the curtailment letter from HO and not from the date you leave your job.

Curtailment letters can take a while to get sent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Applepie9
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: Getting fired from tier 2 months before LR 10years mark

Post by Applepie9 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Thanks, does the time between my application for LR and actually getting the final approval allow me to stay in the UK?

For example after 60days period it will be mid September and I will be applying for the LR at early September. If the decision is not made until early October, can I stay in the UK legally in between mid September and LR approval at October?

Also, will the fact that I will be unemployed and running out my very last bit of visa time affect my decision on the LR being approved or not?