ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian HSMP Applicants curently residing in USA..anybody?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Indian HSMP Applicants curently residing in USA..anybody?

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:51 am

Hi folks,

Would like to meet Indian HSMP applicants who are applying from US.
1) Want to know if you fedex-ed(courier)
2 Need to send passport ?(I read on official site that they don't need p'port ??)
3) Can I aply thru US credit card ? (Citi master card ok ?)

To share my info:
I am planning to apply based on 1) Btech degree(30 pts) and 2) earnings(45 pts). english lang req- my college (IIT) came up in the official self assessment tool-I am providing pts assemments summry print out as evidence.
Also maintenance of funds over 2800 GBP -will provide a print out of latest bank stmt.

Planning to courier by Fedex.

Would much appreciate any comments ..esply frm similar applicants (from US to HSMP) -plz PM or public msg is fine(will benfit others too)

Thanks everybody..Its grt site! and god bless all.

(want to thank push_hsmp for the response/grt info to my last Qs)

spattigilli
Newly Registered

Post by spattigilli » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:23 am

1) You can use FEDEX or UPS to send the documents through courier.
2) IF you are applying for HSMP you need not send passport. But now that Tier1 is in effect from June, 30. I suppose you are applying in that route. In Tier1 we need not apply for exclusinve EC so passpor has to be sent with your Tier1 application.
3) You can use your US credit card to pay for the application.

Hello seniors correct me in case i missed out on something.

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

last day June 29, 08 -frm US ::HSMP or Tier 1..?

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:16 am

hey spattigilli, sent you a PM...

I am all set to post my app tomorrow(June29) under HSMP..printed everything, packaged.
I need to submit "post marked" by tomorrow's date postage (USPS ?) I guess...

Tier 1 appln will be available only monday(June30)..I need to re do the enitre thing again in tier 1 if I cant post tomorrow...

guys, any thoughts ..shud I wait and apply in tier 1 next week.. ..??

Also, I never saw any req for passport under both schemes..pp is req for those claiming english pts (due to their nationalities)..we need not submit any thing that doesn't cover the pts..am I right ?

spattigilli wrote:1) You can use FEDEX or UPS to send the documents through courier.
2) IF you are applying for HSMP you need not send passport. But now that Tier1 is in effect from June, 30. I suppose you are applying in that route. In Tier1 we need not apply for exclusinve EC so passpor has to be sent with your Tier1 application.
3) You can use your US credit card to pay for the application.

Hello seniors correct me in case i missed out on something.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: last day June 29, 08 -frm US ::HSMP or Tier 1..?

Post by gotcha » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:58 am

hsmpapplicant123 wrote: Tier 1 appln will be available only monday(June30)..I need to re do the enitre thing again in tier 1 if I cant post tomorrow...
Application needed to reach home office before 30th June.
You have option of applying T1 now.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:06 pm

There are different rules for deciding date of application, when you apply through
1. post
2. courier
For rules related to deciding date of application please refer:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... entoapply/

If you manage to post (not courier) by 29 June 2008 (which is Sunday), there is a chance that your HSMP application might be considered.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:13 pm

i will suggest to simply apply for Tier1. its more simple and strt forward. just apply at ur local UK embassy.
u r too late neways coz if u send by courier, it has to reach them before 30th, so basically it was 27th. coz sat and sunday they r officially closed.

\\best thing is to apply for Tier 1. (My advice)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:19 pm

Closure of HSMP on 30-Jun-08. It is important to note
Application date by courier wrote:If you send your application by courier, the date it is received at the payment handling service is used as the date of application. The payment handling service includes the date of delivery for all applications by courier.
So, unless you know of and can avail of a service which collects the application from you tomorrow in US and also delivers it in UK tomorrow itself (remember 5hr time difference), why are you still thinking of applying for HSMP on 29-Jun?? :shock:

Had today been a working day, you could have posted your application and it would have worked for you.
Application date by post wrote:The date of an application made by post is decided by the postmark. The payment handling service attaches the original envelope with all postal applications. .

Tier 1 (General) is the new Point Based Scheme (PBS) which replaces HSMP worldwide on 30-Jun. Keep an eye on the UKBA website, and BritainUSA, the website of the British High Commission in USA.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Tier1 frm US :::thanks guys, you are awesome..

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:42 pm

Thanks everybody for the suggestions.

I decided to wait and apply tier1 next couple of days.

Vipul,
I can apply( send the appln documents) at local (US) UK embassy ??
vipul1981 wrote:i will suggest to simply apply for Tier1. its more simple and strt forward. just apply at ur local UK embassy.
u r too late neways coz if u send by courier, it has to reach them before 30th, so basically it was 27th. coz sat and sunday they r officially closed.

\\best thing is to apply for Tier 1. (My advice)

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:45 pm

coolestGUy, this is exactly what I had in mind..as my app was ready, wanted to post it(postmarked) which wud give me 29th as the date..

Now, I decided to wait fr a day and apply in tier 1..

thanks all fr the terrific response..
CoolestGuyC wrote:There are different rules for deciding date of application, when you apply through
1. post
2. courier
For rules related to deciding date of application please refer:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... entoapply/

If you manage to post (not courier) by 29 June 2008 (which is Sunday), there is a chance that your HSMP application might be considered.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:00 am

I believe you should be able to make a Tier 1 application in US itself .. to the BHC in US / approved Visa Application Center. Since the scheme is going to be announced in a few hours from now, suggest you keep checking the US BHC website (link provided above).
hsmpapplicant123 wrote:Now, I decided to wait fr a day and apply in tier 1..
Hope you have maintained a min. balance of 2800 pounds *every day for the last 3 months* in your bank accounts. Add 1600 pounds to this min. requirement for each dependent, if they plan to travel with you within 12 months. Else, you might have to wait for 3 months before filing your Tier 1 application ... unless UKBA decides to offer residents of its *best buddy country* some waiver. :wink:

regards

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:08 pm

sushdmehta,
thanks for mentioning the bank req clearly..1Q here: say, I have 2 or more different bank a/cs..and the total amnts frm these 2 bank a/cs adds up to more than this total req...but individual bank a/c may hv gone below this total req amnt for a certain day..so, if I produce statments from these 2 different bank a/cs and show that total amounts (frm 2 bank a/cs) on each dayof last 3 months exceeded this total req amnt ?...will that be OK?..

Also, Q2) Joint a/c s by spouse will be OK right (counts for both of us as long as total is above the total req for main and dependent amnt ) ?

Btw, I am still waiting to see the new tier 1 appln form(for frm US ppl)

thanks !!
sushdmehta wrote:I believe you should be able to make a Tier 1 application in US itself .. to the BHC in US / approved Visa Application Center. Since the scheme is going to be announced in a few hours from now, suggest you keep checking the US BHC website (link provided above).
hsmpapplicant123 wrote:Now, I decided to wait fr a day and apply in tier 1..
Hope you have maintained a min. balance of 2800 pounds *every day for the last 3 months* in your bank accounts. Add 1600 pounds to this min. requirement for each dependent, if they plan to travel with you within 12 months. Else, you might have to wait for 3 months before filing your Tier 1 application ... unless UKBA decides to offer residents of its *best buddy country* some waiver. :wink:

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:24 pm

hsmpapplicant123 wrote:1Q here: say, I have 2 or more different bank a/cs..and the total amnts frm these 2 bank a/cs adds up to more than this total req...but individual bank a/c may hv gone below this total req amnt for a certain day..so, if I produce statments from these 2 different bank a/cs and show that total amounts (frm 2 bank a/cs) on each dayof last 3 months exceeded this total req amnt ?...will that be OK?..
Yes, this should be fine. An explanation in the application (cover note) will help.
hsmpapplicant123 wrote:Q2) Joint a/c s by spouse will be OK right (counts for both of us as long as total is above the total req for main and dependent amnt ) ?
The new Tier 1 policy guidance seems to have no mention of joint accounts being accepted as evidence. Suggest that you check with the local BHC (in US) regarding this.

The following might be useful
Initial applications wrote:How to apply if you are outside the United Kingdom
The process for applying if you are outside the United Kingdom is:

Step 1: complete a self-assessment online using our points-based calculator to find out if you are likely to score enough points.
Step 2: go to the Visa services website, which you can find on the right of this page, to find out if you must submit any personal details in the country you are applying from to find the application form.
Step 3: take or send your form(s), fee and supporting evidence to the visa application centre. You must also arrange to give your biometrics, which are usually taken at the visa application centre.

We strongly advise you to bring all supporting documents with your application. We will not consider any evidence provided after we have made a decision.
regards

manram
Newly Registered

Where to send application?

Post by manram » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Can someone help me:
1) The pdf application form on the website mentions to send the application form to UK Border Agency, Tier 1, PO Box 496, Millburngate House, Durham, DH99 1WQ. Is this the only way? or is there an equivalent of VFS in US also?
2) If sending to UK Border agency the only way, how do I manage the passport? I might need it here in the interim for my travels!
3)For maintainence funds, can I show an Indian bank account balance. I transferred all my funds to India the moment ruppee went down to 42:(

Manu

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
hsmpapplicant123 wrote:Q2) Joint a/c s by spouse will be OK right (counts for both of us as long as total is above the total req for main and dependent amnt ) ?
The new Tier 1 policy guidance seems to have no mention of joint accounts being accepted as evidence. Suggest that you check with the local BHC (in US) regarding this.
Following text found on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/
How we assess maintenance (funds)

Maintenance (funds) can include:

* cash savings in your account that have been in your account for at least three months before your application;
* funds held in a joint account that have been in your joint account for at least three months before your application;
* funds held in a account overseas (we convert the amount to pounds sterling using the rate which appears on the OANDA website, which you can finds on the right of this page, and the date on your bank statement), that have been in your account for at least three months before your application.

The balance must show that you have had at least £800 in your account at all times over the three-month period for applications submitted within the United Kingdom, and £2,800 for applications submitted outside the United Kingdom.

Assets, shares or agreed overdraft facilities are not acceptable as evidence of your maintenance (funds).

You must have the minimum level of maintenance (funds) available and score 10 points in this section, or your application will be refused.

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Re: Where to send application?

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:18 pm

thanks sushdmehta and coolestGuy for info on multiple and joint bank a/c..!!

Manram:
I assume u r applying to tier 1 PBS general from US -right ?
I noticed this: "If you are in the United States you must apply online .
Biometric fingerscans are collected at one of twentynine Application Support Centres throughout the United States. You will be able to book an appointment to have your fingerscan once you have completed your online application. "
on the page.. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... tedstates/

my notes:::> STEPS for US applicants: 1) From the page: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator .....Do PBS assessment, take the pdf file.

2) Apply online..here... http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... tedstates/

This page will ask passport details, family details(like ur dad's DOB etc ! )..this is where I stopped..I am hoping to find the right form after I fill this out ?
Guys, am I missing something here ? ?

manram wrote:Can someone help me:
1) The pdf application form on the website mentions to send the application form to UK Border Agency, Tier 1, PO Box 496, Millburngate House, Durham, DH99 1WQ. Is this the only way? or is there an equivalent of VFS in US also?
2) If sending to UK Border agency the only way, how do I manage the passport? I might need it here in the interim for my travels!
3)For maintainence funds, can I show an Indian bank account balance. I transferred all my funds to India the moment ruppee went down to 42:(

Manu

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Where to send application?

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:45 pm

manram wrote:If sending to UK Border agency the only way, how do I manage the passport? I might need it here in the interim for my travels!
:lol: Forget about international travel while your application is being considered.

Applicants from within UK have to wait anywhere between 6-10 weeks (currently) to get a decision on their application. Not suggesting that applications in US will follow similar timelines, but you can imagine the plight of globe-trotters who have applied for Tier 1.

:lol:
regards

manram
Newly Registered

T1 applications in US - Process

Post by manram » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:00 pm

Think I figured out the rest. The process seem simpler than HSMP. Steps are as follows:
1) Fill initial applicationa and book biometric appointment online through nearest Visa App Center
2) Get biometric done
3) Then do the actual application. Per website, the following are needed to make the application:

<<Your passport or travel document;
The application forms VAF9 and Appendix 1 with all mandatory sections completed;
The fee as published on the visa fees page on this website. This cannot be refunded and you must pay in local currency;
Your biometric details (see below);
A recent passport sized photograph (please note that photographs should measure 45mm x 35mm and be:
in colour taken against a white background;
clear and of good quality and not framed or backed;
printed on normal photographic paper;
full face and without sunglasses, hat or head covering (unless it is worn for cultural or religious reasons but the face must not be covered)
(If the application is successful, the photographs provided will be reproduced on the visa vignette).
All documents as specified in the Tier1 (General) Policy Guidance as stated in the Immigration Rules. If you do not submit relevant documents, your application is likely to be refused as we will be unable to award the relevant points. >>

About Biometric: <Biometric details are scans of all 10 fingers and a full-face digital photograph. You will need to provide your biometric details in person. The whole procedure should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Your visa application will not be processed until you have met this requirement. More information about biometrics is available on Biometric data collection for visa applicants page on this website.>

The British HC website elsewhere mentions that they make decisions on all Visas within 5 days. In some cases they may call for a personal interview. Guess the same would apply for T1.

Looks easier and faster than HSMP. The decision to the best of my knowledge is done by an officer sitting here in the US and not by someone in a mass processing center.

Hope this helps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks sushdmehta and coolestGuy for info on multiple and joint bank a/c..!!

Manram:
I assume u r applying to tier 1 PBS general from US -right ?
I noticed this: "If you are in the United States you must apply online .
Biometric fingerscans are collected at one of twentynine Application Support Centres throughout the United States. You will be able to book an appointment to have your fingerscan once you have completed your online application. "
on the page.. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... tedstates/

my notes:::> STEPS for US applicants: 1) From the page: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator .....Do PBS assessment, take the pdf file.

2) Apply online..here... http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... tedstates/

This page will ask passport details, family details(like ur dad's DOB etc ! )..this is where I stopped..I am hoping to find the right form after I fill this out ?
Guys, am I missing something here ?
[/quote]

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:36 pm

Another Q to you all: Do funds from IRA account count for maintenance of funds ?
CoolestGuyC wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
Following text found on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/
How we assess maintenance (funds)

Maintenance (funds) can include:

* cash savings in your account that have been in your account for at least three months before your application;
* funds held in a joint account that have been in your joint account for at least three months before your application;
* funds held in a account overseas (we convert the amount to pounds sterling using the rate which appears on the OANDA website, which you can finds on the right of this page, and the date on your bank statement), that have been in your account for at least three months before your application.

The balance must show that you have had at least £800 in your account at all times over the three-month period for applications submitted within the United Kingdom, and £2,800 for applications submitted outside the United Kingdom.

Assets, shares or agreed overdraft facilities are not acceptable as evidence of your maintenance (funds).

You must have the minimum level of maintenance (funds) available and score 10 points in this section, or your application will be refused.

ChubbyCheeks
Newly Registered

Post by ChubbyCheeks » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:28 am

Hi hsmpapplicant123,
I'm also an Indian applying for Tier1 visa from US.
Can you ell me the list of docs that you have arranged?

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:10 am

chubby, I will share my docs soon for the benefit of others ..I am still finalizing..
so far:

A) bachelors 30 pts
Original degree cert,
Original transcript
UK equi--validated on the Self assessment tool

B) earnings - 45 pts
primary docs: 1)sal slips ..12 months
2) bank statements showing deposited funds (of net salary amount tallying with the net sal amount on pay slips)

Q here>>> some times I deposited salary check with cash or another small check , so that day bank was showing the total amount rather than 2 separate amounts (one amnt to attest to salary amnt) ..this happenned only a few - 2 or 3 -times..Is this a problem ?..how do I show exact tally here ?

supporting docs: w2 for 2007
1040 tax filing for 2007

I am putting these under supporting docs as I am taking May-Dec07 only in 2007 for counting earnings ..and Jan-april in 08..
C) english --validated by self assessment tool and given 10 pts
No further docs here
D) maint funds -
Showing original bank statements from 2 different banks
bank1 has checking and IRA savings for spouse and me(joint a/c)
bank2 has only IRA savings (sole ac , mine)

Guys, please point any holes in this lineup!! would greatly appreciate..

ChubbyCheeks wrote:Hi hsmpapplicant123,
I'm also an Indian applying for Tier1 visa from US.
Can you ell me the list of docs that you have arranged?

manram
Newly Registered

Post by manram » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:51 pm

Has anyone applied in NY under the New Tier 1? Is so

1) What is the waiting period to get the first appointment (for biometric etc)
2) How long did it take for them to finalize your case?

The new rules are pretty interesting - its says W2 is no longer valid (unless it matches exactly with the period). Also a combination of Paystubs and a Letter from employer is also not accepted.

My paystubs are online - and has no employer logo on it. And my company is refusing to print it out in a letter pad or to stamp it. Any suggestions how I can tackle this?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:04 pm

manram wrote:My paystubs are online - and has no employer logo on it. And my company is refusing to print it out in a letter pad or to stamp it. Any suggestions how I can tackle this?
If payslips are one of the evidence you want to use, then there is no other way to tackle this.

regards

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:48 pm

My paystubs(printed , came in post) came from ADP and Paychex(standard pay roll companies in US). Employer name and address is there but as such no logo of the employer, but only logo/and name of ADP/paychex

I hope there is no issue out here! Any comments?
sushdmehta wrote:
manram wrote:My paystubs are online - and has no employer logo on it. And my company is refusing to print it out in a letter pad or to stamp it. Any suggestions how I can tackle this?
If payslips are one of the evidence you want to use, then there is no other way to tackle this.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:00 pm

hsmpapplicant123 wrote:My paystubs(printed , came in post) came from ADP and Paychex(standard pay roll companies in US). Employer name and address is there but as such no logo of the employer, but only logo/and name of ADP/paychex

Don't take my word for it as I haven't seen a US payslip, but the way you describe them to be, I think it should fall under the "formal payslip" category and hence *should* be acceptable.

Reading this might be useful.

regards

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:12 pm

Awesome Sushdmehta!!!

Have another Q on my earnings evidence:
I am including bank statements showing deposited funds (of net salary amount tallying with the net sal amount on pay slips)
Q here>>> some times I deposited salary check with cash or another small check , so that day bank was showing the total amount rather than 2 separate amounts (one amnt to attest to salary amnt) ..this happenned only a few - 2 or 3 -times..Is this a problem ?..how do I show exact tally here ? For example If my net pay in amonth was
x000.34 and if I deposited another check/cash of say 400 with it, bank stmt was showing x400.34 ..now is this a problem ?

pay slips and bank stmts r my 2 srcs as w2s and tax 1040 r not covering the entire 12 months (in 07 and 08 ) that I am using..

I wud grtly appreciate ur comments!

sushdmehta wrote:
hsmpapplicant123 wrote:My paystubs(printed , came in post) came from ADP and Paychex(standard pay roll companies in US). Employer name and address is there but as such no logo of the employer, but only logo/and name of ADP/paychex

Don't take my word for it as I haven't seen a US payslip, but the way you describe them to be, I think it should fall under the "formal payslip" category and hence *should* be acceptable.

Reading this might be useful.

regards