ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of HO received application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PWong
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Date of HO received application

Post by PWong » Wed May 22, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi Need some clarification.

I'm planning to ensure HO receive my application on July 10 2019 and now starting to prepare all the documents required. Regarding the Date of Application to be receive by HO, is it the date I submit my application online or the date of appointment at UKVCAS?

Thanks
Polly

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Date of HO received application

Post by CR001 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:35 pm

Date if application is the date you submit and pay online and not your appointment. So only apply on the date you want to in July
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PWong
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by PWong » Wed May 22, 2019 10:12 pm

Thank you CR001!

I'm applying via AN form through naturalisation as I just got my ILR through spouse route last September.

Some additional questions as I have been filling the online form with regards to the supporting documents. It requires:

1) Passport - got that
2) English Certificate B1 - got that
3) Life in UK test notification - got that

4) Proof of living? What documents to show this?
5) Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions? My ILR residence permit?
6) 2 referees - got that
7) Evidence of identity? Is this not same as my passport?

Also there was a question as if "Confirm you can provide this passport", for this I answered Yes. Does it mean they will take my actual passport, which would mean I can't travel while waiting?

your advise is very much appreciated!

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Wed May 22, 2019 10:44 pm

hi, I hope I can help with some of your questions

4) Proof of living? What documents to show this? - given that you have ILR I assume you are non EU and therefore your passport showing when you were here is enough

5) Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions? My ILR residence permit? Yes

7) Evidence of identity? Is this not same as my passport? Yes, your passport

Also there was a question as if "Confirm you can provide this passport", for this I answered Yes. Does it mean they will take my actual passport, which would mean I can't travel while waiting?
No they will not take your passport if you use the "new" UKVCAS service. You will need to bring the passport to have it scanned and can then keep it and travel.

The only time that you may not be able to easily travel is just after ceremony when you have to send back your BRP and may not have a British Passport for a week or so.

PWong
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by PWong » Thu May 23, 2019 8:27 am

Thanks hermanthegerman!

The document's list is just so confusing. Listing them as separate points and all one need is just the passport itself. :?

By the way, you mentioned "new UKVCAS" service, it is the gov online application route and appointment via Sopra Steria after online payment right? not through agents.

PWong
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by PWong » Thu May 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Hi everyone....Need help again....I've just finished filling the online application and came across a couple of questions unsure what it means...

Q1: If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a BC, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application?

I quite sure I meet the 3yrs requirements, being in UK on date of application 3 yrs ago as well as not over the days required to be in UK over 90 days for past 12 months period as well as 270 days for past 3yrs period.

I do have my own UK business since 2016, should I mention this under this Q1?

Q2: In addition to the names already provided, are you now or have you ever been known by another name?

I have a Thai passport with Thai name but I'm not known by my friends under this name. However, I did provide this information in my previous UK visa application.
Do I need to mention this Thai name?

Q3: Employment detail asking for Tax office reference number

Is this my UTR?

Thanks all!