ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last minute ILR advice pls.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JawaGP
South Africa

ILR Dependents paperwork

Post by JawaGP » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi, we are applying for ILR in the next few months, I am the main applicant and my wife and 2 kids are dependents on my visa, we have done the Life in the UK test and I’m doing my B1 next week, my question is, does my wife also need the B1 English test or. Lete as the main applicant? Thanks I’m advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Dependents paperwork

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:21 pm

JawaGP wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:19 pm
Hi, we are applying for ILR in the next few months, I am the main applicant and my wife and 2 kids are dependents on my visa, we have done the Life in the UK test and I’m doing my B1 next week, my question is, does my wife also need the B1 English test or. Lete as the main applicant? Thanks I’m advance.
Anyone applying for ILR has to pass Life in UK and English Requirements with some exceptions e.g. if you are under 18 or refugee etc.

Your wife needs both Life in UK and Level B1 from a SELT approved centre.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

JawaGP
South Africa

Re: ILR Dependents paperwork

Post by JawaGP » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:35 pm

Thanks for the reply, will need to get her booked in.

JawaGP
South Africa

ILR Paperwork for Dependents.

Post by JawaGP » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi, any help would be much appreciated, we’re doing our ILR application in the next month and was wondering about the paperwork for my wife, I am here in a Tier 2 visa and her and my 2 children as dependents, I have the following list for my paperwork.

1. SET(O) filled and signed
2. Appointment letter with booking/Payment confirmation
3. 2 x Passport size photos
4. Passport
5. BRP
6. Life in the UK test PASS notification letter
7. GESE Grade 5 B1 English Pass Certicate from Trinity College
8. 3 Recent Months Payslips (Dec/Nov/Oct 2017, On Company letterhead as they are computer generated)
9. 3 Recent Months Bank Statements of Salary account (Received from bank with seal)
10. Employment letter from current Employer (SOC, Salary, Working hours, Required for foreseeable future.

For my wife as a dependent we have only

4. Passport
5. BRP
6. Life in the UK test PASS notification letter
7. GESE Grade 5 B1 English Pass Certicate from Trinity College

Is that all she would need? The kids are both under 18 and so would need.

4. Passport
5. BRP

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Paperwork for Dependents.

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:20 pm

I am not very well aware of the Tier 2 documents. Many members have posted on the forum you can search.

However you will need 2 years cohabitation documents with your wife plus if any of your kids is over 16 you need some extra proof of address docs.

Passport size photos are not required with new system.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

JawaGP
South Africa

Re: ILR Paperwork for Dependents.

Post by JawaGP » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Thanks again, I will search up on the forum and see what I can find.

JawaGP
South Africa

ILR Application Date

Post by JawaGP » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 am

Hi, I’ve been reading this forum and just came across a post I’d like to confirm please. My Entry Clearance Visa was approved in 2014 with a Valid From date of 26/06/14 but we only entered the UK on the 16/07/14, am o correct that we can apply for ILR 28 days before the Valid from date on the Entry Clearance and not the date we actually entered the UK? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application Date

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:16 am

JawaGP wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 am
Hi, I’ve been reading this forum and just came across a post I’d like to confirm please. My Entry Clearance Visa was approved in 2014 with a Valid From date of 26/06/14 but we only entered the UK on the 16/07/14, am o correct that we can apply for ILR 28 days before the Valid from date on the Entry Clearance and not the date we actually entered the UK? Thanks
Yes, it starts counting from date of initial visa start date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JawaGP
South Africa

Post by JawaGP » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 am

Brilliant, thanks for the reply. We get to apply a good few weeks earlier than I’d originally thought.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 am

Remember to only submit and pay online once you are withing that 28 day qualifying period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JawaGP
South Africa

Post by JawaGP » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Will do. Thanks again.

JawaGP
South Africa

Documentary Evidence of Cohabitation

Post by JawaGP » Fri May 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi, just started preparing our application and have seen on “Other documents” that it asks for evidence of cohabitation, I knew about this from this forum, but the only joint account we have is for council tax and we have our lease agreement joint but not sure if that’s any good, so do we add this and then whatever other post we have for a 2 year period showing we are both receiving post to the same address even though in only one of our names, but the common address. Surely you don’t have to have multiple joint accounts, thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documentary Evidence of Cohabitation

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:47 pm

It can be a selection of documents addressed to each of you too. It does not have to be in joint names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

JawaGP
South Africa

Re: Documentary Evidence of Cohabitation

Post by JawaGP » Fri May 10, 2019 5:45 pm

Thank you CR001, super helpful as always.

JawaGP
South Africa

Tier 2 - ILR Application Process

Post by JawaGP » Thu May 23, 2019 6:29 am

I’m on a Tier 2 and will he applying in the next few weeks, I have registered .gov website and started filling out the Set O application forms for myself and my 3 dependents. What is the process? I do the application online, I’ve seen the list of documents required and then the declaration and pay the fee, how do I add or send the scanned documents? Will the option come up further along the application process? Also do I need to book and appointment or is that only for Priority Applications? I’d assume Passport etc would be checked when doing Biometric? Any advice or info is much appreciated, thanks.

JawaGP
South Africa

New standard application process info.

Post by JawaGP » Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 pm

I’m on a Tier 2 and will he applying next week, I have registered .gov website and have now filled out the Set O application forms for myself and my 3 dependents. What is the process? I do the application online, I’ve seen the list of documents required and then the declaration and pay the fee, how do I add or send the scanned documents? Will the option come up further along the application process? Also do I need to book and appointment or is that only for Priority Applications? I’d assume Passport etc would be checked when doing Biometric? Any advice or info is much appreciated, thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New standard application process info.

Post by CR001 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Can you please keep all your questions in your existing topic you already have!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

JawaGP
South Africa

Last minute ILR advice pls.

Post by JawaGP » Thu May 30, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi, I am applying tomorrow for myself and 3 dependent so will be significantly poorer after lol, would someone please just confirm I have my date I can apply correct.

Entry Clearance Valid From Date: 26/06/14

Date of Entry: 16/07/14

I have the date we can apply at as 28/05/2019

were doing standard application so just need to make appointment for Biometrics, are appointments regularly available or is there a bit of a delay/wait?

I’ve had advice on here already and researched and think I’m correct but just looking for a little piece of mind as it’s a lot of money for the application.

Thanks in advance.

JawaGP
South Africa

Re: Last minute ILR advice pls.

Post by JawaGP » Thu May 30, 2019 7:49 pm

Hi, could someone please help me out with a reply, just need some confirmation, thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:40 pm

The answer doesn't change. Your qualifying period starts from visa issue date. You can apply no sooner than WITHIN 28 days before the 5th anniversary of that date!! May has 31 days so make sure your date to apply is within 28 days.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=

How soon you get an appointment depends where you are based and service centre availability.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

JawaGP
South Africa

Post by JawaGP » Thu May 30, 2019 8:51 pm

Thanks, it’s the terminology that always gets me with visa applications. I have no idea what my visa issue date is, I have the Entry Clearance Valid From date, if the issue date is different would I need to find my original letter when it was issued in 2014, I think I only got vignette in my passport which was the Entry Clearance Visa.

JawaGP
South Africa

Post by JawaGP » Thu May 30, 2019 9:31 pm

There are two significant dates on the entry clearance:

The ‘effective’ date which is the date on which the entry clearance is issued (and therefore the date on which the applicant can travel)
The ‘expiry’ date which is the date when the entry clearance will not be valid for travel to the UK, and nor will it confer leave to enter. The ‘expiry’ date for applicants who qualify for ILE should represent the expiry date of the applicant’s passport and does not indicate an expiry of ‘indefinite leave to enter’

Reading this from the .gov.uk website, it seems issue date is valid from date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:59 pm

It is the valid from/issue date on your initial visa vignette.
Char (CR001 not Casa)