ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS top-up payment required after receiving "not straightforward" email

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SeanYX
Newly Registered
China

IHS top-up payment required after receiving "not straightforward" email

Post by SeanYX » Wed May 22, 2019 3:26 pm

Hello guys,

I am applying family (settlement) visa (both spouse and child dependent) for my wife and kids.

I have recently (2 days ago) received an email from UKVI saying "Application is not straightforward", which worries me a lot.

An hour ago I received another email asking me to top-up the IHS fees for my kids. Apparently the system somehow put the kids exempted from the IHS.

I have read some posts saying if UKVI is asking for IHS top-up then it is likely the visa will be granted?

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: IHS top-up payment required after receiving "not straightforward" email

Post by seagul » Wed May 22, 2019 8:28 pm

SeanYX wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:26 pm
Hello guys,

I am applying family (settlement) visa (both spouse and child dependent) for my wife and kids.

I have recently (2 days ago) received an email from UKVI saying "Application is not straightforward", which worries me a lot.

An hour ago I received another email asking me to top-up the IHS fees for my kids. Apparently the system somehow put the kids exempted from the IHS.

I have read some posts saying if UKVI is asking for IHS top-up then it is likely the visa will be granted?

Any ideas?

Many thanks!
No its not sign of any positive outcome because there is glitch with link when paying IHS for kids that mistakenly put them on exempt. Usually HO sends separately the link to pay IHS and the same you got.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

SeanYX
Newly Registered
China

Re: IHS top-up payment required after receiving "not straightforward" email

Post by SeanYX » Thu May 23, 2019 9:49 am

seagul wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:28 pm
SeanYX wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:26 pm
Hello guys,

Any ideas?

Many thanks!
No its not sign of any positive outcome because there is glitch with link when paying IHS for kids that mistakenly put them on exempt. Usually HO sends separately the link to pay IHS and the same you got.
Thanks a lot for the information. Hopefully it will have a positive outcome.

The "not straightforward" email came exactly 60 working days from the online submission of the application. It is weird to me that they thought the case is not straightforward as all the criteria are fulfilled. Besides, my wife and older kid have been granted 2 dependent visas in the past with me. The only "new" applicant is my younger kid who just turned 1.

Anyway there is nothing I can do but wait...Fingers crossed...