ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kumar78

Got EC

Post by kumar78 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:03 pm

Dear all,

I have got EC and soon would be flying to UK in first half of April. It only takes 8 days to get the visa using CAVA facility. No Interview, collected passport with stamp on it. If you need any information about the docments I will be happy to share it. :P

Best wishes for all the members of the forum.

Happy Easter, :wink:

amit77
Newly Registered

Post by amit77 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:14 pm

Hi Kumar,

I am from India and I have received approval. I need to know what is CAVA facility and how it works. Also, if you let me know what all documents are required to be carried when you go to embassy for visa approval, it would be of great help.

thanks

vs999
Newly Registered

Post by vs999 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:04 pm

Hi Kumar,

Congrats, Please do let us know the details of how you got the EC.

I'm in Bangalore, Please inform us about the CAVA facility.

Regards,
VS
vsg.999@gmail.com

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:53 pm

Congratulations Kumar and well come in advance in UK :)

MunneRaja

Post by MunneRaja » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:56 pm

CAVA is Courier Assisted Visa Application (CAVA) System.

What is CAVA?

CAVA is a more efficient way of making a visa application, designed for people who meet the pre-set criteria. It means that you do not have to come to the British Embassy unless you are invited for an interview. If a Visa Officer needs to interview you, the Embassy will contact you directly to offer you an appointment. Please note that using this service is not a guarantee that you will qualify for a visa.

How does it work?

You need to go to the Visa Application Centers with your passport, application form & supporting documents. Your papers will be checked at Visa application centers to verify that you meet the criteria and that all documents have been enclosed. If you do not meet the criteria or your application is incomplete, you will be informed about it. If the application meets the criteria and is complete, it will be send to the Embassy, where a Visa Officer will assess it. If the visa is approved, your passport will be returned to you via courier.

Visa application centers in India are in following cities

Delhi, Jalandhar, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata..

For more information check:

http://www.vfs-uk.co.in/index.asp

kumar78

Post by kumar78 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:55 pm

Dear all,

I hope CAVA is well explained by MunneRaja.
About the documents required.

1) VAF1 Form
2 photographs (should not be tempered by marks/staple, preferably White Background)
3) Educational Documents
4) HSMP Approval Letter
5) Experience Letter(s)
6) Last 6 Salary Slips
7) Last 6 months bank statement(s)
8) Proof of accommodation

All original documents were sent, have found them back in same condition.

gps

Post by gps » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:09 pm

Hi Kumar78,

I am also going to UK in April mid.
Did u get the job or u are going to try now.
Pl send me a PM and we can be in touch.
Bye
- gps

technician

Post by technician » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:52 am

Hi Kumar78 Sahab,

Congrats for the HSMP Approval and the subsequent Entry Clearance. Is the CAVA facility applicable for the dependents too. I mean to say for the spouse and children??

I hope you remember me.

TECH
July applicant, INDIA, 0219**
Still waiting
NIRASH
Team work- Nurturing Talents

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:30 am

Hi Kumar, Amit and GPS,

Congratulations first of all for recieveing communication form HO, UK. May i know where r u from, when u had applied and when u got the confirmation?

I am from Ahmedabad, INDIA, applicant of 29th June, 2004, still haven't heard anything, thats why asking u. I fu can tell em about u, i can accordingly expect mine and many others in this forum.

With regards,

Dhaval

kumar78

Post by kumar78 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:47 pm

Thanks alot technician,
CAVA is available for dependents too. Surely I remember you :D. I wonder why your case is still hanging on. :?

GPS I will sent you PM and send out my details

dhavaluk I have strong feeling that you may hear from HO in April. As I know couple of persons who got response and they applied on 20-20th June.

Cheers and best of luck :P

baskey

Post by baskey » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:23 am

kumar78 wrote:Thanks alot technician,
CAVA is available for dependents too. Surely I remember you :D. I wonder why your case is still hanging on. :? :P
Kumar,

Can i know how long will it take to get a dependant visa thro' CAVA Vs Personal application. Also what is the normal expected waiting time in the Que in the UK embassey in Chennai for submitting applications ( i heard people used to wait since morning 2' O clock in front of the gate!, Is it true?). Will it be processed on the same day if all the documents are submitted personally for a straight forward cases?.

I never gone for EC in Chennai and likes to hear all the views about getting EC in chennai.

Thanks,

Regards,

Baskey

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:34 pm

In delhi, according to my information, there are no ques now. They only call some people for interview so no queues these days..
I guess same will be happening in Chennai..
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

kumar78

Post by kumar78 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:55 am

Yes better to apply from Delhi. CAVA facility varies from location to location. In some countries it takes 3-4 weeks, in some countries it takes on one week.

technician

Post by technician » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:20 am

Hello Kumar sahab,

In what way can you say that CAVA facility is good from Delhi. Please write some details.

I hope u still remember me.

TECH
Team work- Nurturing Talents