ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 maintenance funds query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepak_sachdev25
Newly Registered

Tier 1 maintenance funds query

Post by deepak_sachdev25 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:19 am

Hi there,
Iam a Tier 1 Visa Aspirant from India. Ju st had a small query regarding the maintenance funds requirement.
1. Can the funds be transferred from parents account to my account and kept there for two months before I start my application process.

2. Can I be the joint/ second holder to my parents account which already has that amount of funds available or should the account be solely in my name.

3. Do the funds have to be in the account or can it be a term deposit as some banks have an option of making extra amount in the account as term deposit.

PLease HELP.........
Really greatful to evryone.......

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:59 am

1. Can the funds be transferred from parents account to my account and kept there for two months before I start my application process.
Part A. Yes, you will have to give proof of transfer of funds.
Part B. It should be 3 months b4 application.
2. Can I be the joint/ second holder to my parents account which already has that amount of funds available or should the account be solely in my name.
Part A. No
Part B. Yes
3. Do the funds have to be in the account or can it be a term deposit as some banks have an option of making extra amount in the account as term deposit.
No

Searching the forum will help. All information already present here:
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:56 pm

To add to the response above,

1. A letter from your parents confirming transfer of funds for your use in UK will help. Attach their bank statement showing transfer.

3. An term deposit (FD or in form of smart money account) will require a letter from the bank confirming that the money is *immediately* accessible to you.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!