ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DEPENDENT VISA FOR DAUGHTER OVER 18 REFUSED

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shafique
Newly Registered

DEPENDENT VISA FOR DAUGHTER OVER 18 REFUSED

Post by shafique » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:00 pm

I am HSMP holder and currently in UK. My daugher's visa, who is now 20, was refused. My consulant asked me to appeal but it was also refused end of last month on the ground that she is well educated with enough funds and can live with any relative in Pakistan. My parents and parents in laws are not alive. I am here to look for some reliable solicitor. Please help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:45 pm

Unfortunately, there are no provisions for daughters over 18 of HSMP holders (197-199).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:39 pm

If she is studying why dont you ask her to apply for a programme of her interest here and she can move in on Student VISA. At a later date she can switch to Tier-1 - applicable category.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:46 pm

20 is quite for someone to still be reliant on their parents, time for her to grow up and live her own life - and her own visa.
________
Jaguar mark viii history
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Consultants :shock: . When the law doesn't allow it, how could he even advise filing an application, leave alone appealing a refusal.

What push_hsmp has suggested above is an ideal option to get your daughter to join you in UK.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shafique
Newly Registered

Post by shafique » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Thanks for your suggestion to bring my daughter on student visa.
Someone has suggested but I thought it may also be refused on the ground that she would join us here and would not go back.
She is my only child so I want her here on any cost. Alternatively, I will also go back to home country.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:32 pm

If your daughter will be studying a degree level course, an application for a student visa should not be refused on the grounds that she may not return. It is written in the guidance to the entry clearance officers (a quick google or search on this board should lead you to this document) that a person pursuing a degree course will at the end of his course have several avenues to employment in the UK and thus the fact that the ECO doubts whether he will return to his home country cannot be used as the basis for the refusal of a student visa.
'In everything give thanks'