ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contractor Umbrella - Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wmkkav
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Contractor Umbrella - Spouse Visa

Post by wmkkav » Tue May 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi Friends,

I am working as a contractor and paid via an umbrella company.

The umbrella company takes a cut from my day rate first which is visible on my pay slip and then I am taxed then I get my final take home pay.

Which figure do I calculate for Visa immigration requirement of £18,600. My day rate, or after the cut that the umbrella company has taken?

Thank you in advance for your time in helping me out.

Kindest regards

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Contractor Umbrella - Spouse Visa

Post by Korekt » Sat May 25, 2019 12:46 am

wmkkav wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:29 pm
Hi Friends,

I am working as a contractor and paid via an umbrella company.

The umbrella company takes a cut from my day rate first which is visible on my pay slip and then I am taxed then I get my final take home pay.

Which figure do I calculate for Visa immigration requirement of £18,600. My day rate, or after the cut that the umbrella company has taken?

Thank you in advance for your time in helping me out.

Kindest regards
The taxable pay I believe.

Picard
United Kingdom

Re: Contractor Umbrella - Spouse Visa

Post by Picard » Mon May 27, 2019 7:01 pm

Its a tad strange that the employer is showing their cut/commission in your salary slip.

Ideally since they are paying you, they should directly show the amount credited to your account as salary in payslip, which is your pre tax amount.

Any other views here please?