ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application and NIP declaration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Simz82
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application and NIP declaration

Post by Simz82 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:11 am

Good day,

I am due to apply for my Naturalisation this coming week and unfortunately. I have been notified by the fleet team at work that they received a NIP for my vehicle and the procedure is for them to complete drivers details and send it back to the police for them to issue the NIP in my name. The offence is breaching a traffic light signal with the penalty being either £100 and 3 points or a driver training scheme.

At the moment I have not received the new NIP in my name and do not what the outcome of the proceedings will be as to which of the two above options I will be offered by the police. This process is likely to take 2 to 3 weeks for me to get the new paperwork.

Do I mention this on my application form that there is an on-going NIP or not as at the moment no NIP has been issued to me and I have not paid a fine or dealt with the authorities.

Your assistance on the matter is greatly appreciated as I am due to submit online application by friday next week.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Re: Naturalisation application and NIP declaration

Post by hermanthegerman » Sat May 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Mention it as it will be on your records by the time your application is considered.
It will not count against you, so you have nothing to loose by declaring it but if it is on you record and investigated and they then find our knew about it at the time of application you may be disadvantaged.

Simz82
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application and NIP declaration

Post by Simz82 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:56 am

Thank you for the comments. I have since submitted my application and have mentioned the pending NIP.

In 2013 I revived an FPN for Speeding at attended a speed awareness course and no points were awarded. In light of the most recent application I have declared TWO FPNs which are 6 years apart do you think this will impact my application negatively?