ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name Discrepancy With Online Application - Please Help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naloofness
Newly Registered
United States of America

Name Discrepancy With Online Application - Please Help!

Post by naloofness » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 pm

Hey guys,

I'm at a panic. I just noticed a discrepancy in my online application — I realized I entered my last name as my given name and my first/middle as my surname. Do you think this will cause issues with my Spouse visa? And should I try contacting them to correct this? I know there is an email address people have been using to contact them when information is missing, etc. My name is listed Last Name, First/Middle on my passport, which is how it looks on my online application. I have entered everything else correctly, no misspellings but it's just that swap in my last/first name; I just realized my error now and I'm beating myself up.

I applied and had my bio done in January and my application is Spouse standard. Last Sunday I received an email stating that my online application was received and is being prepared for an entry clearance officer. So I should hear any day now about a decision and I am going mad. :oops: :cry:

Thanks a lot for your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Name Discrepancy With Online Application - Please Help!

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Caseworker may follow your name on passport otherwise the visa will be issued in the name you given them in application form but on collecting your BRP if you will notice some error then usually within 10-15 days you can contact them for correction.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

naloofness
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by naloofness » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Thank you so much for responding! At this point I was just worried about a refusal due to my name being in the wrong order.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:46 pm

naloofness wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:38 pm
Thank you so much for responding! At this point I was just worried about a refusal due to my name being in the wrong order.
That mistake alone wont leads to refusal and even HO on many occasions do these types of mistakes even the details are correctly given to them. Just report them here
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

naloofness
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by naloofness » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:26 am

Thank you so much again!

Hamz197
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hamz197 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:12 am

How did it go with your application? Did you get the BRP in correct name.?

With me HO produced BRP with one letter missing because solicitor made a mistake. Informed them but they refused to amend the error and told me to apply for replacement. But the problem now is which for to fill and how to fill it?

Any been in such a situation before?

Rockinglove
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Rockinglove » Sat May 25, 2019 10:44 am

Hamz197 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:12 am
How did it go with your application? Did you get the BRP in correct name.?

With me HO produced BRP with one letter missing because solicitor made a mistake. Informed them but they refused to amend the error and told me to apply for replacement. But the problem now is which for to fill and how to fill it?

Any been in such a situation before?
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem
Allah is Great