ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First ever British Passport Online Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajuk2017
United Kingdom

First ever British Passport Online Application Process

Post by ajuk2017 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi,

I need help in deciding to apply for my first British Passport application after naturalization.

I need to understand that what will happen after submitting the application online?

Will system will give me option to print out the application and attach the photo and get signature from the referee?

Also is it better to apply online or paper application?

Thanks for help.

Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: First ever British Passport Online Application Process

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 26, 2019 11:08 pm

ajuk2017 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:27 pm
Hi,

I need help in deciding to apply for my first British Passport application after naturalization.

I need to understand that what will happen after submitting the application online? HMPO will process your application.

Will system will give me option to print out the application and attach the photo and get signature from the referee? Yes - you have to print out the documents and submit the referee, photos, etc, by mail - there will be a sheet telling you what is needed.

Also is it better to apply online or paper application? I'd recommend online - it's the same process in the end.

Thanks for help.

Regards
It's really straightforward - as you are now British you are free to apply.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Sun May 26, 2019 11:22 pm

The above is not entirely correct anymore. If you apply online there is no need to print anything.

You upload a photo directly and your referee gets an email to verify.

Once they have done it, the system gives you the address to send your documents (naturalisation certificate and passport) to.

ajuk2017
United Kingdom

Post by ajuk2017 » Sun May 26, 2019 11:56 pm

hermanthegerman wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:22 pm
The above is not entirely correct anymore. If you apply online there is no need to print anything.

You upload a photo directly and your referee gets an email to verify.

Once they have done it, the system gives you the address to send your documents (naturalisation certificate and passport) to.
Thanks. But don't they need my and referee signature on the application?

Regards

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Mon May 27, 2019 8:34 am

if you apply fully online then no signature of anyone is needed. your referee does everything online too, same as you.
You can also print things out and send them off or have them checked at the post office which is more expensive and then you need a signature.