ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentary evidence of cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JaiGanesh1123
Mood:
India

Documentary evidence of cohabitation

Post by JaiGanesh1123 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:05 am

Hello Gurus

Question : If you have added a spouse or civil partner to this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

My Question 1: I have been granted my Tier 1 Ent extension in 09/2017 to 09/2019 and my wife was also granted dependent visa at the same time. The above question, does it mean I have to submit documentary evidence of cohabitation from 09/2017 ?

My Question 2: Is it sufficient if I provide joint council tax bills for the last two years to fulfill the this requirement ? As it says (up to a maximum of two years) ?

Documents to supply.
Mandatory documents and Other documents
If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused

1: Evidence of your (Main Applicant) immigration status in the UK.

My Question : What Document do I provide to fulfill this document request? (Evidence of your immigration status in the UK).

Many Thanks !!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Documentary evidence of cohabitation

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 27, 2019 3:20 am

2 years back dated from the date of application.

6 documents evenly spread across last 2 years.

You can use council tax bill, water/electricity/gas bill, Uk driving license, nhs letters etc.

Joint names or separate names showing the same address will do also.

2) BRP is the evidence for immigration status.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

JaiGanesh1123
Mood:
India

Post by JaiGanesh1123 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:04 am

tier11417 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:20 am

You can use council tax bill, water/electricity/gas bill, Uk driving license, nhs letters etc.

Thank you Sir,

Can you please answer the below questions

1: Do I have to scan all my documents or can i send all the documents in post to UKBA?

2: If we can do both , which one would you recommend - Sending all hard copy documents in post arranged well or Scan then and send ?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 27, 2019 12:03 pm

JaiGanesh1123 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:04 am
tier11417 wrote:

Thank you Sir,

Can you please answer the below questions

1: Do I have to scan all my documents or can i send all the documents in post to UKBA?

2: If we can do both , which one would you recommend - Sending all hard copy documents in post arranged well or Scan then and send ?

Thanks
You can only use the new service now. So you will have to apply online. Once you pay and submit, then you will be able to upload your documents on the UKVCAS website and also will be able to book biometrics appointment.
You will have to scan documents. There is no postal route now.

Note: The date of application is the date you pay and submit.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

JaiGanesh1123
Mood:
India

Post by JaiGanesh1123 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:45 pm

Thank you Very Much Sir Tier11417 !!

JaiGanesh1123
Mood:
India

Post by JaiGanesh1123 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:11 pm

Hello Gurus,

I don't have documents from 6 different sources for my wife, as my wife is a house wife and all the documents ( utility bills etc.) are in my name except the council tax bill and her Bank statements. Is this ok ?

Please can you suggest me other option ?

Many Thanks

crazy_ram
United Kingdom

Post by crazy_ram » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:43 pm

tier11417 wrote:

I think he meant to say 6 documents over the period of 2 years, not from 6 different sources.
For Example:
Bank statements on both of your names for the period;
1. Jun 2017
2. Oct 2017
3. Mar 2018
4. Oct 2018
5. Feb 2019
6. May 2019

1. Council tax bills covers whole year. In my opinion this document is highly expected to be seen by CW.
2. If utility bills are only on one's name, you can include bank statements or something on another partner's name issued for the same period.
3. If both of you applied for drivers licences you can include both partners licences.

If you include official documents from 3 or more sources covering 2 years, that should be strong enough. If you have more you can include more, there is no harm.

Senior members; correct me if I am incorrect.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:04 am

2 years in total from 3 different places
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice