ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character refused birtish application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nima110
Newly Registered
Iran

Good character refused birtish application

Post by Nima110 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:41 am

I am Iranian. I came to the uk illegally and I applied for asylum and I had my leave to remain after home office refused my request and court granted my refugee visa. After 12 month having my indefinite leave to remain Visa I applied for citizenship. Today I received a letter from home office.
In the letter said according to our records, you were in the UK without leave to remain under onther immigration laws between 28/03/2011 when I entered the UK without leave and 07/07/2011 when I were granted asylum leave to remain. I was asylum in this period and I was waiting for court decision. Home office said because of this I may not meet the good character requirements for naturalisation. I have the form and I need to send it back to home office anyone can help me please what shall I do ?

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Good character refused birtish application

Post by alsanober » Mon May 27, 2019 1:03 pm

Nima110 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:41 am
I am Iranian. I came to the uk illegally and I applied for asylum and I had my leave to remain after home office refused my request and court granted my refugee visa. After 12 month having my indefinite leave to remain Visa I applied for citizenship. Today I received a letter from home office.
In the letter said according to our records, you were in the UK without leave to remain under onther immigration laws between 28/03/2011 when I entered the UK without leave and 07/07/2011 when I were granted asylum leave to remain. I was asylum in this period and I was waiting for court decision. Home office said because of this I may not meet the good character requirements for naturalisation. I have the form and I need to send it back to home office anyone can help me please what shall I do ?
You should have waited untill 07/07/2021

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Re: Good character refused birtish application

Post by Nerazzuri » Mon May 27, 2019 8:53 pm

Unfortunately, since you came to the UK illegally, even as you were subsequently granted asylum, you have to wait until 10 continuous years of being legally present in the UK. So that will be 10 years from the date that your asylum took effect according to the court decision.