ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approved in four days

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kind
Newly Registered

Approved in four days

Post by Kind » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:05 pm

out of the country application

Received by HO - 7th March
received ref number by post - 15th
Today called to HO - was told that i have passed and documets was sent on 11th

Now waiting for approval letter to apply for the EC

Points claimed: 70
30 for PhD
25 - work experience (3 years of post-graduate studies)
15 - significant achievents (international scholarship, 3 articles in well-recognized journals, 2 academic references)

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:11 pm

Congrats !!!

Kind
Newly Registered

Post by Kind » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:20 pm

Thanks!!! :D

lxxn
Newly Registered

Post by lxxn » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:35 pm

Hi,

Congratulations !!!
Can you please tell me whether you applied thorough any agent or by yourself. I am planning to apply but still thinking as to go for any agent or apply by myself.

Thanks
Braj

Kind
Newly Registered

Post by Kind » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:21 pm

Hi,

I have prepared all the documents by myself.
I think that guidleness are written very clear and if you read carefully you would be able to prepare all the documets by youself.
And if you will have questions you always could ask on this board. You will save your money and time.

aromated

Post by aromated » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:26 pm

Hi Kind,
Felicitations on ur success. Will u please elaborate in detail the field of ur research as well as work experience so that others can gain useful information.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:22 am

is there any aproval of HSMP 23rd Onwards? or even rejection? did anyone of us got any letters from HSMP team, HO ???

Kind
Newly Registered

Post by Kind » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:06 am

With a pleasure.

My main research area is chemistry and ecology.
I have got a PhD in this subject and is co-author of a couple of articles printed in international journals. I have been working as a Scientific researcher for two of years after.
A cou[ple of years ago i have also got a british Council Scholarship and entered UK to study ecology.
After compleation my course i went back to my country and applied for the HMSP.

I have had 3 years of the PhD course and was not sure whether it could be included into my work experience. I have written a letter to HO and was told that PhD course could be concidered as a work experience, especially if i has been paid for it. In total i had 3,5 years of PhD course and 2 years of working as a Researcher.

I was warried for the reference letter from my employer. I did not state in it that my position required a graduate level , but mentioned my supervising undergraduates. As soon as have got my reference number i have sent an additional Letter stating graduate level of my work. But all this was in vaine. my application had been approved even before i have got my reference number (they post it to me).

So as far as i have understood now they consider documents just in a couple of days and you do not have a time to send something additional. So it is extremely important to be sure that you are sending the whole pack without any mistake.

svkumar
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by svkumar » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:10 pm

Its great that you have shown post studies as an equivalent experience. I am PhD student at the stage of submitting the thesis (july/2005) in engineering. I have sent my application giving PhD reference as Research Assistant post and produced as an experience!!! Just recieved reference number. Hoping to get some answers from them!! Congrats and let me know when you get FLR clearence!
SVkumar