ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS biometric enrollment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londonsummer
Newly Registered
Germany

UKVCAS biometric enrollment

Post by londonsummer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:54 pm

Does anyone can advice who to turn to? I had applied for naturalisation and have attended an appointment with UKVCAS on the 13. March in Croydon.
When asked to self-enroll for biometrics their machines did fail to take my fingerprints. I was then told that this happens regulary and it would be done at the desk by the case worker. My fingerprints were taken at the desk, photo taken by a lady and I had to sign next to have some documents being re-scanned. However, I now received an email from the home office End of 26. April which told me that they don't have my biometrics and that I need to book an appointment within the next 10 days. I had not chance to reach UKVCAS by phone this afternoon and now it's after-hours and send a complaint, which it states might take 5-10 days to be replied. I need to travel as well for work during the week so I am not very concerned how this can be resolved and who to contact. The home office hotline was all automated so no case worker to speak to.

GAli13
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: UKVCAS biometric enrollment

Post by GAli13 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi There, I am in the same boat. Went to Croydon on 9th Mar and they said the same thing to me that most of the machines are broken and its a common practice to do Bio at the desk. Now after reading you comments I am bit worried and annoyed :(

GAli13
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by GAli13 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:12 pm

I got my approval on 18th May. I was worried that HO might call me for my biometrics but they didn't, which was great! That means the staff at Croydon branch was right. Ta

amcr007
Newly Registered
India

Post by amcr007 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:43 pm

GAli13 - Hi, i am planning to apply for naturalisation next month. As you have recently got the passport, could you please let me know the step-by-step instruction. This will be massive help to me.

GAli13
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by GAli13 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:22 am

Macr-007 - I applied online in Mar. It's simple not complicated at all. I read a lot on this forum before filling my application which helped me massively. The good thing about online application is you can always go back and amend if are not happy/sure with something. I spent 4days. I took my time to be 100% sure. Meanwhile I collected all docs and scanned them all. After submitting the application and paying the fee the home office site takes you to UKVCAS website where you upload all your docs and book the appointment for biometrics. At this point they ask if we want to pay extra for checking our application and docs which I did.
Many people on the forum said that they had to scan every single page of their passport whereas I didn't.

On the day of UKVCAS appointment, the machines couldn't registered my finger prints. Most of them were broken. So nearly after an hour or so they decided to take only my thumb prints at the counter. I was worried that HO might not accept it and would ask me to do it again. But thank God they didn't, and I got my approval letter instead.