ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse visa application query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benbrough
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse visa application query

Post by benbrough » Tue May 28, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi
My wife is from the Philippines and currently lives there, I'm British and live in the UK.
We're trying to get things ready for her to apply for her spouse visa but she has asked if I could do the application for her from here, I'm pretty sure she has to submit the application from the Philippines but can someone confirm if this is the case? Sorry for the basic question.

Thanks

uk1984
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse visa application query

Post by uk1984 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:31 pm

benbrough wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:18 pm
Hi
My wife is from the Philippines and currently lives there, I'm British and live in the UK.
We're trying to get things ready for her to apply for her spouse visa but she has asked if I could do the application for her from here, I'm pretty sure she has to submit the application from the Philippines but can someone confirm if this is the case? Sorry for the basic question.

Thanks
Hi I am going through something similar.
My understanding is on the online application you select 'applying for someone else' and fill in the form. The process was that you would then send the documents to Sheffield and they would then send them to the nearest VFS centre but now apparently (according to this forum) Sheffield are not accepting the documents and you will have to go to your nearest VFS centre here to get them scanned and uploaded.

Hopefully someone with better knowledge can confirm.

Ronson
Bangladesh

Post by Ronson » Tue May 28, 2019 9:58 pm

If you are the sponsor and I assume you have most of the information with yourself then it will be better if you fill in the form as an applicant. When I applied for my wife, I had most of the documents with me as my wife didn’t know what to do. I just asked her to send me a screenshot of her passport, English test results, TB test result etc. Then after I filled in as an applicant.

Ronson
Bangladesh

Post by Ronson » Tue May 28, 2019 9:59 pm

If you are the sponsor and I assume you have most of the information with yourself then it will be better if you fill in the form as an applicant. When I applied for my wife, I had most of the documents with me as my wife didn’t know what to do. I just asked her to send me a screenshot of her passport, English test results, TB test result etc. Then after I filled in as an applicant.

Jhelumi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jhelumi » Wed May 29, 2019 10:56 pm

benbrough wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:18 pm
Hi

Thanks
Hello,

You can fill it in. Once completed, e-mail / WhatsApp her the application form in PDF format along with appointment letter. After the biometrics appointment, send the documents to Sheffield.

Just remember not to "Register at Commercial Partner" site when you're working on the application on the Visa4UK website if you don't want to scan the documents.