ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cgame

Post by cgame » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:47 am

Salams

nice to see people getting der visa's stamped............i been waiting a mnth now....not long but feels like it.......do they send a letter or something to comfirm they recieved the application ...thats wat me misses was saying.......but who knows...any ways gratz to everyone whos got der visa's ..........

ms_akhtar

Post by ms_akhtar » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:08 pm

Salaam....

Congrats Khan-Saab... :P

Wish u and ur wife all the happiness in the wolrd....
AMEEN

gapsick
Newly Registered

Passport Tracking Website

Post by gapsick » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:42 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all well, n not pulling your hair out :P

Just wanted to ask if anyone else was having difficulty with the passport tracking website today? i tried to see if by some miracle there was a change but for some reason it keeps saying "Invalid Search" :?

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:56 pm

Hiya gapsick - I've been having the same problem so pleased that you posted - at least I know its not just me!! Hope they fix it soon, its bad enough having to wait without having the added complications of a dodgy website to contend with!

gapsick
Newly Registered

Post by gapsick » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:00 pm

lol, i know what you mean, after reading what people have been saying about Gerry's this doesn't surprise me or instill any great confidence in them...

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:19 pm

I know - i'd love to complain but I don't know who to complain too. I dont mind waiting (well actually I do mind) but I understand the need to wait -while they check but like u say, without clear information I dont feel confident in their system or processes! Aaaaah!

At least we can vent our frustrations here...

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:09 am

just checked the site and its still not working..............anyhow decided to be practical and vent my frustration to the powers that be so i've sent an email to a number of gerry's offices this morning. Will let you know if I hear anything :roll:

cgame

Post by cgame » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:06 am

i have had the same problem and i thought i was putting in a wrong reference number

gapsick
Newly Registered

Post by gapsick » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:28 pm

yep, i just just checked too, still the same. cool let us know what they have to say, that is if they get back to you... :P

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:40 pm

well they didnt get back to me but its working now .......and it still says the same thing!! :cry:

gapsick
Newly Registered

Post by gapsick » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:44 pm

ye same here,i'm seriously thinking about telling my wife to just go down the VAC and check herself, but she lives 3hrs away, so it's a hassle if the passport isn't back yet....

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:27 pm

hey guess what , they did get back to me but it was filtered out of my inbox into my junk mail folder so @ least they check their emails! - slightly reassuring??!

Anyhow, I had already clicked delete when I spotted the email (and it was too late to hit cancel or back) so I have no idea what they said!! (Aaaaah!) :shock:

My hubby ji is planning on going down to the isb office next week so lets see what they say.....I'll keep u posted but Im assuming it'll be the whole, call back in three days sir ji line which is so annoying!!

shameem

HUSBANDS VISA APPLICATION

Post by shameem » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:09 pm

HI I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM. JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSES HUSBAND OR WIFE HAS RECENTLY APPLIED FOR VISA FROM PAKISTAN. JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW LONG IT USUALLY TAKES.
THANX

shameem

Post by shameem » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:11 pm

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE REFERENCE NUMBER WHICH YOU USE TO TRACK THE APPLICATION ON THE GERRYS WEBSITE? EACH TIME I TRY IT IT SAYS INVALID SEARCH!!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:05 pm

Two things shameem, firstly, please do not post in block capitals. On the internet that is equivalent to shouting, and on this Board such posts are liable to be deleted without warning.

Secondly, you are a new member here .... welcome ... but no need to post the same question many times. Having posted this I shall now go and delete your duplicate posts.
John

gapsick
Newly Registered

Post by gapsick » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:34 am

sajdab: oh no,lol.never mind i'm sure it wasn't anything too important, probably just to tell you that the website is now working properly or something along those lines. ye let us know what happens with your husband, would help a lot.

shameem: hello and welcome to the forum. are you putting the correct reference number in? which visa application center did you submit your application to? if it was Islamabad the ref number should begin with ISL/.... and so on.
In regards to how long it takes to process an application it seems they're taking about 60 working days. Hope that helps.

shameem

Post by shameem » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:09 pm

60 days, that is a long time. I thought it would be sooner. My husband applied at the Islamabad office. Will try the reference number again.
Thanks.

shameem

Post by shameem » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:39 pm

Have tried that reference number again. Still coming up with invalid reference number. The number starts GRY-PK XXXX. I dont seem to have "ISL" in there anywhere.! Any ideas anyone?

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Well my hubby ji rang the Isb office and they said call back in 2 days! Part of me is cynical and thinks yeah right and the other part of me thinks maybe, just maybe.......

Shameem - sorry no idea. My other half gave me the ref number. Good luck!

shameem

Post by shameem » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:57 pm

Sajdab Hi. My husband tried to ring the Islamabad office but he couldnt even get through. Think he is going to take a trip down there!. I am gonna keep on trying that reference number though.
How long has it been since your application?
I cant believe how stressie this whole thing is!

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:00 pm

Hi Shameem,

:shock: Yes its a long process!!!!!!

How about you??

Sajda
Last edited by sajdab on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cgame

Post by cgame » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:55 am

i been having a problem with the reference number.....says invalid search, doubled checked it and all .......applied at mirpur been over a mnth tried to contact them and couldn't get a reply....they said it would take about 4-6 weeks.... :shock:

DulheRaja

Post by DulheRaja » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:50 am

My wife went to BHC Islamabad for an Interview,She had to be in at 10.00 AM and after 3 months waiting and 7 hours in the intervieuw room they finally refused the visa and asked to appeal.
Damn to the BHC Islamabad!!!

susy1

Post by susy1 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:44 pm

shameem wrote:Have tried that reference number again. Still coming up with invalid reference number. The number starts GRY-PK XXXX. I dont seem to have "ISL" in there anywhere.! Any ideas anyone?
hi shameem,

your husband would have been given a receipt after he submitted his application. on the receipt, there will be a ref number beginning with GRY-PK etc, but also another beginning with ISL - you need the tracking number. all the info should b on the receipt. you then need to enter it in the following format:
eg:
ISL/010708/123456/1
isl = islamabad
2nd part = the date that you submitted the application
123456/1 = ref no (should be on the receipt)

Date of birth

susy1

Post by susy1 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:46 pm

DulheRaja wrote:My wife went to BHC Islamabad for an Interview,She had to be in at 10.00 AM and after 3 months waiting and 7 hours in the intervieuw room they finally refused the visa and asked to appeal.
really sorry abt that. y was she refused. i know how you feel - my husband was also refused, are you going to appeal or re-apply?