ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year ILR route - discontinued leave

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

10 year ILR route - discontinued leave

Post by jrs1984 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:11 am

Hi,

I arrived in UK in Feb'13 with 1 year Tier 2 ICT short term visa (valid until 20 Jan'14). I stayed till 10 Jan'14, went back to home country, and arrived back to UK on Tier 2 ICT long term visa - 5 years on 25 Feb'14. That is, I was in home country for around 30-40 days with no valid UK visa.

After these 5 years on ICT long term, I have switched to dependent visa and aim to continue further to achieve 10 year ILR route.

Question is, will I be able to count my 1 year stay in 2013 ICT short visa towards 10 year for ILR? I am getting mixed messages on various websites that since I was out of UK with no valid UK visa, I won't be able to count that 1 year towards 10 year ILR.

Please advise.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 year ILR route - discontinued leave

Post by CR001 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:17 am

All visas count for ILR based on long residence, even visitor visas.

Your 'no visa while abroad' is NOT an issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.