ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Job Creation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Job Creation

Post by marcnath » Sun May 19, 2019 9:27 am

alijafri wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:19 am
Hi tier 11417

Firstly, congratulations on receiving your ILR.

So she got initial visa in Feb 2016. Then extension in Oct 2017. She had 6 month absence from Jan 18-July18. And now obviously she will get new extension in October 19 hopefully. So as per your suggestion, I assumed period from October 19 extension will count for absence ? Since the last period she got visa before Jan 18 !! Correct ?

Thanks.
Correct
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Fri May 31, 2019 12:21 am

Hi Marcnath/ CR

I have applied for my ILR and waiting for response. I have a few questions in meanwhile.

1. At the Croydon office, they didn’t take my Passport and the BRP. Is it normal to return that same time and not send them with application ?

2. If so, am I allowed to travel at the moment as I still have valid leave till October. ?

3. can I apply for a schengen visa in the meanwhile ?

4. I have just read couple of posts where some people didn’t apply for their wife and child. And then apparently they were questioned for whereabouts of family. Is it concerning ? As I also didn’t apply for them as I thought wife will extend later after October and for child I will directly apply citizenship. Is it concerning ?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri May 31, 2019 12:21 pm

alijafri wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:21 am
Hi Marcnath/ CR

I have applied for my ILR and waiting for response. I have a few questions in meanwhile.

1. At the Croydon office, they didn’t take my Passport and the BRP. Is it normal to return that same time and not send them with application ?

2. If so, am I allowed to travel at the moment as I still have valid leave till October. ?

3. can I apply for a schengen visa in the meanwhile ?

4. I have just read couple of posts where some people didn’t apply for their wife and child. And then apparently they were questioned for whereabouts of family. Is it concerning ? As I also didn’t apply for them as I thought wife will extend later after October and for child I will directly apply citizenship. Is it concerning ?
1. Yes, that is the new process
2. Yes, you are allowed to travel - that is your right. But travelling outside will cancel your application automatically and you will not be able to enter UK. You will then need to make a new application from outside.
3. Yes
4. Depends on you whether it is concerning. But it should have no impact on your application.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi Marcnath / CR

This is in regards to my daughters visa. I have applied my ILR and am waiting for my ILR to be approved.

Once I receive my ILR, I will apply for citizenship for my daughter as she’s born here.

Is there any maintenance requirement for her citizenship application ?

What are other requirements for chil citizenships ?

And anything that I have to prepare for her application 3 months in advance. ?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Please ask your British citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum. These questions are not relevant to this topic or the ilr sub forum.

british-citizenship/
Is there any maintenance requirement for her citizenship application ?
No, you are not applying for a visa.
What are other requirements for chil citizenships ?
UK born children have an entitlement to register, minimal or no requirements.
And anything that I have to prepare for her application 3 months in advance. ?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.