ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help to Buy ISA for Maintenance - Case awaiting further information on maintenance funds

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

navanee
Newly Registered
India

Help to Buy ISA for Maintenance - Case awaiting further information on maintenance funds

Post by navanee » Sat May 25, 2019 8:36 am

Dear All,

Can we show funds from Help to Buy ISA towards meeting maintenance requirements?

Here is my current situation.

I got my ILR by Aug 2018 via Tier 2 route and my dependants' Tier 2 extension application was made in Apr 2019. I had used a letter provided by my company towards meeting the maintenance cost for my dependants. Unfortunately I didnt know at that time that the letter from the company is not an acceptable evidence if the main applicant has got his ILR (How stupid was I to miss that). So, my case worker has asked to show sufficient evidence (bank statements) for dependants maintenance. Now that I am able to show this only with the funds from the Help to Buy ISA account. Will this be accepted by the Home office? (I am yet to send them the statements and wanted to know if someone has done it with success).

The PBS guidance says: "Evidence must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period are not acceptable." Can Help to Buy ISA be counted as a cash fund as I am able to withdraw it anytime I want and I have done so without any difficulties?

If I cannot use Help to Buy ISA as an evidence, what is the best way to proceed - withdraw the application (Is this possible?), send the dependants back and apply from outside UK (The visa ended by Apr 2019 and they will have to leave if refused)? Or wait for the refusal then travel to home country and make a new application? Or is there any other way?

Your help will be very much appreciated!!

Thank you!

navanee
Newly Registered
India

Re: Help to Buy ISA for Maintenance - Case awaiting further information on maintenance funds

Post by navanee » Fri May 31, 2019 4:45 pm

*Bump*
Has anyone successfully shown HTB ISA towards the maintenance funds?

Thanks,
Navanee