ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for British Citizenship (Concerned)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vabli2
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Naturalisation for British Citizenship (Concerned)

Post by Vabli2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:37 pm

HI,
I have posted my concerns many times here in immigrationboard but never had any response from anyone. I am posting my new concern with hope to get response this time. I would be highly thankful for the expert advice on my matter.

I am family member of an EEA national. I have been living in UK on EU family member resident card since 2009. My first EU resident card was expired in 2014. I wanted to apply for PR but there was some gap in my EU wife's employment so I applied for another EU resident card instead. My was engaged with self employment that time. I only sent her annual Tax returns as a proof of her self-employment to proof her exercising treaty rights, but my application was straight refused because case worker was not satisfied that my EU wife was genuinely engaged with self-employment. I applied again after 4 months of my first refusal, providing with sufficient documents for her self employment along with payslip for her newly started employment. I was then granted a 5 years EU resident card again after sometime in 2016.

Just 2 years later, in 2018, my wife applied for Permanent Resident certificate for herself using the same self-employment documents covering the same period of my refusal and her PR application was approved. I was also given PR card when I applied later using her PR document. I got my Biometric PR card 3 years later to my application refused.

Now the time has come to apply for Naturalisation. Do you guys think that my EU application refused in 2014 and not applying again for 4 months, can bring me into "Good character" category and I can get my application refused for british citizenship?

I will be highly thankful for kind replies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation for British Citizenship (Concerned)

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:52 pm

Do you guys think that my EU application refused in 2014 and not applying again for 4 months, can bring me into "Good character" category and I can get my application refused for british citizenship?
No your rights are automatic when married to an EU citizen. Residence card is optional.

You would likely only have an issue if you were not married at that time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vabli2
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Vabli2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:16 pm

Thank you very much for your kind reply. The reason for my concern is; at the time of my resident card refusal in 2014, they refusal letter instructed me to leave the country. Also I applied for a new job at that time and the "employer check for employee" came negative with the instruction, "this person has not right to work in UK". Things like that made me concerned. Could you also comment you that kindly?

Many thanks again

Vabli2
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Vabli2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:50 pm

Thank you very much for your kind reply. The reason for my concern is; at the time of my resident card application refusal in 2014, the refusal letter instructed me to leave the country. Also I applied for a new job at that time and the "employer check for employee" came negative with the instruction, "this person has NO right to work in UK". Things like that made me concerned. Could you kindly comment on this too please?

Many thanks again

Vabli2
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Vabli2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:52 pm
Do you guys think that my EU application refused in 2014 and not applying again for 4 months, can bring me into "Good character" category and I can get my application refused for british citizenship?
No your rights are automatic when married to an EU citizen. Residence card is optional.

You would likely only have an issue if you were not married at that time.
Thank you very much for your kind reply. The reason for my concern is; at the time of my resident card application refusal in 2014, the refusal letter instructed me to leave the country. Also I applied for a new job at that time and the "employer check for employee" came negative with the instruction, "this person has NO right to work in UK". Things like that made me concerned. Could you kindly comment on this too please?