ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character: Two PCNs in last 12 months for driving in bus lane.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zid555
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Good Character: Two PCNs in last 12 months for driving in bus lane.

Post by zid555 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:11 pm

Hi,
I was due naturalisation in Nov, 2018 but then I got 02 PCNs for driving in bus lane both in Aug 2018. Based on the discussions on this forum I decided to wait to Aug 2019.
Questions:

1. I do not think PCNs for bus lane are can be mentioned in traffic offences as that appears to be for FPNs and other more serious offences. They also don’t fit in category of Civil judgement or penalty under immigration law. So I am planning to mention them in reprimands, warnings or other penalties. Is that the right thing to do?

2. Can I mention them only in a cover letter?

3. Because I had two v similar PCNs within a month, will it be counted as numerous and will it raise questions on my good character ?

I have not other criminal or civil record in nearly 11 years.

cocococo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Good Character: Two PCNs in last 12 months for driving in bus lane.

Post by cocococo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:28 pm

1. PCN is not required to be declared as they are addressed to the registered owner of the car and not the driver. (So the ticket could be for anyone driving the car for example your partner but addressed to you as the registered owner)

2. Not required really.

3. No its fine. Relax and go ahead with your application. Getting a penalty/fine notice is not a crime.

zid555
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Good Character: Two PCNs in last 12 months for driving in bus lane.

Post by zid555 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Thank you. This has lifted a weight of my chest.