ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Visitor Visa to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssm4u
India

Parents Visitor Visa to UK

Post by ssm4u » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi My parents are in UK now. Their visa is valid till mid October. The initial plan for them was to go back in Oct. Now we have a changed situation and they need to go back in mid Jul(total stay <2 months) & need to come back in Jan/2020.

My question is can I apply for another 6 months visitor visa in Dec for their travel mid Jan travel for 4 months.

Or they can continue to stay here till Oct. Then apply & come back again in Jan 2019. I'm getting a mixed response from people regarding 6 months stay requirement. Will appreciate any help.
ssm4u

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Parents Visitor Visa to UK

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:40 am

If they are or will be staying in the UK for 6 months or more in a rolling 12 month period will be treated as an attempt at UK residency. So it all depends on how long they have been here so far, what will an early return do to stop the clock as it were and when you consider the proposed return visit period.

If they are going to clock up more than 6 months in 12 when they attempt to return then the visa will be refused. If they return in July - how many days will they have been in the UK - take it as read any attempt to return that gets them anywhere near 180 days in the UK in 12 months will get them refused.