ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form - second reference

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prk17
Newly Registered
India

MN1 form - second reference

Post by prk17 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:53 pm

Hello,

I am filling the MN1 form for my daughter (11 months) on grounds that my husband now has an ILR. However, I am struggling to find a second reference i.e. someone who has been professionally involved with her. My GP and my mid wife have both refused to give their personal details out. What can I do in such a scenario?

I have read that rules aren't very strict in regards to babies but I do not wish to proceed by giving a reference which may be incorrect.

Thank you

hermanthegerman
Germany

Re: MN1 form - second reference

Post by hermanthegerman » Mon May 27, 2019 2:39 pm

The referee needs to be a "professional" and know your daughter, they do not need to be involved in their professional capacity. A family friend who is a lawyer/doctor/any other registered profession will do.

prk17
Newly Registered
India

Post by prk17 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and apologies for the late acknowledgement. I found the following while filling in the form - "One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25 (but see also page 25 of the Guide)."

This does mention that the referee should be engaged with the child in professional capacity.

Has anyone had such issues where potential referees have refused to be a referee. What did you do and was the application successful?

Thank you
Regards,
Purnima

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:34 pm

prk17 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:21 pm
Hi,

Thank you for your reply and apologies for the late acknowledgement. I found the following while filling in the form - "One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25 (but see also page 25 of the Guide)."

This does mention that the referee should be engaged with the child in professional capacity.

Has anyone had such issues where potential referees have refused to be a referee. What did you do and was the application successful?

Thank you
Regards,
Purnima
I believe someone like a school teacher will be best, or perhaps your GP

prk17
Newly Registered
India

Post by prk17 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:36 pm

She is 11 months old. We haven’t started sending her to nursery yet. Our GP, midwife have both refused to provide a reference.