ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Subject access request

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dennis06
Newly Registered
Germany

Subject access request

Post by Dennis06 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:19 am

Hi all,

I made a Basic request using https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration to obtain all my travel data.

I travelled a lot in the last years and have no record when I've been out of the country. My request is long overdue the 30 days they quote and I emailed them almost 2 weeks ago using subjectaccessrequest@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to ask about the status but no response. Should I make a complaint and send a letter?

Anyone had similar problems, used a different method to contact the HO? This is currently the only information outstanding for my application.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

solarflower
Newly Registered

Re: Subject access request

Post by solarflower » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Hello Dennis06

Have you had the SAR back by now? I have been waiting for over 60 days now and still no sign of anything. I emailed them today to find out what is going on. any luck for you?

solarflower

Springie
United Kingdom

Post by Springie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:31 pm

I've had good results complaining to the ICO and having them chastise the HO. The SAR file turned up just a few days after the ICO took it up.

This is where the process starts:

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/you ... -concerns/

They do ask to have evidence that you asked the HO to comply before complaining, so you'll need copies of any emails you sent to the HO and of any replies.

Karo6425
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by Karo6425 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:12 pm

My SAR took around 2 months to compete. They also requested more information on my identity during this time. I eventually emailed and said they’re not complying with the 30 day rule to which they swiftly replied and said that my documents are now in the post.

SubjectAccessRequest@homeoffice.gov.uk I’ve always got a reply from this email.