ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sangop02
Newly Registered

General queries

Post by sangop02 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi,

I am working in the UK for the past 12 months under Workpermit dependant visa and am planning to apply for Tier 1 in Mumbai in July 2nd week. I had some general queries which weren't satisfactorily answered by the official sources. Could anyone throw some light on this please?

1. Maintenance fund proofs for dependant - do we need separate original copy of the bank statements or can we reference to the main applicant's bank statements?

2. Photographs - are 2 enough? Have they asked for more photographs from anyone?

3. Academic transcripts - Are marklists enough?

4. Place of application - Is there a rule as to you should apply near your place of residency? We have given our permanent address as Cochin but are applying from Mumbai so that it will processed faster. Is this OK? Will they ask for any proofs in this case?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:37 am

1. Explain in detail what you are trying to ask / do and what you mean when you say
can we reference to the main applicant's bank statements?
2. Provide the number of photographs as asked for in the relevant form / guidance (if any).
3. Where does it say that you need to submit academic transcripts or marksheets?
4. You should apply to the VFS office nearest to where you live / maintain residence (nothing to do with permanent address in passport).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier_1_applicant
Newly Registered

Re: Marksheets

Post by tier_1_applicant » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:26 am

I am not too sure if the marksheet document requirement is mentioned anywhere in the PBS guidance... But when I applied, the Chennai VFS person said, I had to submit all marksheets for my degree as well as 10th & 12th ... so I had to go back home, get it & apply the next day with the photocopies.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Marksheets

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:04 pm

tier_1_applicant wrote:But when I applied, the Chennai VFS person said, I had to submit all marksheets for my degree as well as 10th & 12th ... so I had to go back home, get it & apply the next day with the photocopies.
:lol:
Policy guidances are created for a purpose, right??

A classic example of a highly skilled applicant succumbing to the whims and fancies of a not-so-skilled VFS employee, whose only job is to collect your documents.

Academic transcripts are required only when a degree has not yet been awarded or has been lost. Marksheets have no bearing on HSMP / Tier 1 / EC.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier_1_applicant
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by tier_1_applicant » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:20 pm

The situation is quite pathetic with the VFS guys... I tried to convince him, that I had read the guidance well and it never asked for marksheets...but the reason he gave me was that the BHC in chennai are asking for it from every Tier 1 applicant so that they can check and see if you are really skilled or not, i.e whether you are a consistent performer, etc ... I thought instead of arguing with him, I might as well submit the docs for I had nothing to loose by submitting them...