ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for dependant widowed mother over 65 years

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaya60
Newly Registered

Settlement visa for dependant widowed mother over 65 years

Post by jaya60 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:18 pm

Can anyone please clarify who will issue the Home Inspection report. I live in my own property. Our Borough refused to do so.

Also, Bank statements, P60, telephone / mobile bills to be sent in original or a photocopy would suffice.

Regards
jaya

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:42 am

jaya60 wrote:Pl let us know whether submitting Home inspection report alongwith Visa application is compulsory ?

I live in owned house. Whether a self certification with photographs of inner view of the house / rooms and their dimension will serve the purpose.

Regards
jaya
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:57 am

9.11 - Adequacy of accommodation wrote:You should make a sound judgement based on the evidence from the applicant as to whether the accommodation available is adequate.

If you are not sure of the credibility of the applicant, you should ask to see a letter from the owner of the property (which may be a housing authority, housing association, landlord or a building society). This should confirm particulars of tenure and occupation of the dwelling, together with a description of the accommodation and, if rented, a copy of the lease.
See also What supporting documents should I include with my application? and Chapter 15 - Entry for settlement: parents, grandparents, other dependent relatives.

You should provide originals or certified documents whenever possible. But keep copies of everything submitted.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

talha1611
Newly Registered

Post by talha1611 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi
I would like to invite my mother to UK on dependent visa, can you please share your experience with me.

I recently got ILR and own two houses and work full time from last 5 years. She is over 65 and widow, and it is hard for her to live back home alone. she has been to UK almost 4 times in last 5 years but always came on visit visa , now I would like to apply a dependent visa for her.
What are the chances of success and what sort of documents I would require to apply her visa.

music100
Newly Registered

visa for parents

Post by music100 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:41 am

HI
PLease could you let me know about your parents visiting you on a VISITOR visa. DId you pay for a visitor visa, although your mom was FAMILY memebr?

Also, what sort of documnts did you supply for the embsassy in order to get a visitor visa for your mom?

much appreciated and I will share my epxeirnece of getting visa for my parents...