ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to delay arrival in the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amit77
Newly Registered

Want to delay arrival in the UK

Post by amit77 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:32 am

Hi

I from India and I have applied for HSMP under 28 category. (I crossed 28 just a month back). I got approval letter from HSMP team within 6 weeks after application.

I have to reach British Embassy and get visa stamped by end of April. Due to some personal reasons, I want to delay my arrival to the UK. Ideally I would like to reach UK by September, 2005. Is this possible? When I go to British Embassy, will they accept my request and allow me to enter UK by September? OR will they ask me to make another application later (which will be for applicants above 28 now)? For how long maximum can I delay my arrival? When I get visa stamped on my passport, how much time typically I have to fly to the UK?

Other option I have is that I enter UK and then come back to India and then go back again in Septermber, 2005. Is this a better option? Does this affect my subsquent extension of visa after one year in the UK?

Thanks in advance...