ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings Per Week

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AzimScot

Earnings Per Week

Post by AzimScot » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my spouse va4 settlement visa soon trying to find employment before applying.

I would like to know how much money you require to qualify for maintaining a spouse? I heard it is about £50 or £60 per week is this true?

Thanks.

khan85

Post by khan85 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:27 pm

when i went to an immigration solicitor he told me that after taking out the rent/mortgage money and council tax you should be left with atleast £95 a week.. that will be more then enough!

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:36 pm

I had my husbands spuse visa declined based on my financess.
They take into account your rent, your bills i.e. food, electric, etc and then they work out if your earings per month can support you and your partner.

My husband was refused purely becasue my outgoings were more then my ingoings although i had savings etc.
You need to be really careful on this subject.
Go to http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter9/ And it will tell you about what they mean when they say 'should not need to access public funds'

I have done a budget to show how much i earn and my bills etc and showing my disposable income at the end of each month

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:33 pm

i live with my parents and they pay the mortgage so how would that effect me? I regularly contribute £200 to the home for anything required.

Im approx left with about £300 per month after all my bills are paid. I also have savings of about 1k.

I am unemployed at the moment striving to get any job! but i would rather work in a retail store for a few weeks part time so i can qualify for a visa as big companies/corps take months and weeks to get back to you after you submitted an application then the interview then the start date etc.

princess22

Post by princess22 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Azim, don't know where abouts in scotland you stay but in glasgow in city centre there is a company called EMEC who provide advice on immigration between 9am-10pm, you can make an appointment with a solicitor and its free of charge, they give you good advice.

If you do stay in glasgow I can give you the contact number for them?

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:05 pm

I have actually heard of them and been there once but i didnt know they give free immigration advice?

Are they on Wellington Street in the city centre?

Bringing back memories here!

princess22

Post by princess22 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:16 pm

Its not them that give advice directly

Its a solicitor based in bath street who I had a lengthy conversation with. I also asked him how much this would cost me he said it would be free of charge, however they are busy so I couldnt make an apointment so i submited my husband's application without showing him the papers.

He did provide really good advice and answered any questions i had over the phone.