ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:21 am

thanks alot mendo and JAJ, yiz are brilliant.

Mtskoi, can I ask you when did you send your application in? I sent my documents in May'06 and they never asked for anything like that, it's either my application was so complete that they don't need to contact me or they've lost it!

Also, there isn't much that can go wrong with the witness form!! What did they say was wrong about yours?

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:39 am

ashimashi wrote:thanks alot mendo and JAJ, yiz are brilliant.

Mtskoi, can I ask you when did you send your application in? I sent my documents in May'06 and they never asked for anything like that, it's either my application was so complete that they don't need to contact me or they've lost it!

Also, there isn't much that can go wrong with the witness form!! What did they say was wrong about yours?
i sent mine in april last year. it was something to do with my solicitor's signature. for some reason. the doj sent it back to me, and i went to different solicitor and got it signed. after i resent it. the doj sent me a letter a month after they got my application and my application is likely not going to be process by the doj for at least 30 months something like that. afterward. i have not contact them about this. i read what people said about the birth cert in this post, so i was kinda worry about my application.

have you heard anything from them?

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:04 pm

I haven't heard anything new from them. I received a letter from them around July 06 saying my application would be processed in 2008 but judging by the rate it's going I won't expect it to be done before mid-2009. They didn't complain about any documents or stuff like that. I also sent them an update of employment details in January 08 and they wrote back just to acknowledge that they've received it and that they'll let me know when it's processed.

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi Guys,

1.The solicitor signature/witness problem on the application was probably experienced by 80% of the applicants, all my friends and my wife had this problem.

2.DOJ will only look at your application and briefly at your stamps in the passport, plus they will calculate the residency period.

The other documents are not checked but after 30 months and even then, they will randomly inform you that, they don't like one or more documents, asking for better copies or for affidavits (birth or/and marriage).
In 99% of cases they will not accept any original birth cert and marriage cert without asking you for affidavits as well (unfortunately the affidavit forms are only requested very late and most of the time after you???ve requested an update).

For example my friend applied in early 2005 and they didn't say anything about the copy of his passports and his application was accepted, but then when he was wondering what happened with his application three years later and he got a letter asking for a better copy of his passport and that without this they can't determine if he is qualifying for citizenship, even though he was granted LTR long before he applied for citizenship and the copy of his passport was fine.

My advice is to make sure you ask them for an update once your application date is mentioned on their web site.
If you ask them for an update before this, they might send you a letter saying that your application hasn???t been processed yet, please wait, but they won't tell you if they don't like the format of a document or that a document is missing!

In my case 2 years and 11 months have passed and I am still waiting for the minister to approve my application.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Iolite vaporizer
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:18 pm

mendo wrote:Hi Guys,

1.The solicitor signature/witness problem on the application was probably experienced by 80% of the applicants, all my friends and my wife had this problem.

2.DOJ will only look at your application and briefly at your stamps in the passport, plus they will calculate the residency period.

The other documents are not checked but after 30 months and even then, they will randomly inform you that, they don't like one or more documents, asking for better copies or for affidavits (birth or/and marriage).
In 99% of cases they will not accept any original birth cert and marriage cert without asking you for affidavits as well (unfortunately the affidavit forms are only requested very late and most of the time after you’ve requested an update).

For example my friend applied in early 2005 and they didn't say anything about the copy of his passports and his application was accepted, but then when he was wondering what happened with his application three years later and he got a letter asking for a better copy of his passport and that without this they can't determine if he is qualifying for citizenship, even though he was granted LTR long before he applied for citizenship and the copy of his passport was fine.

My advice is to make sure you ask them for an update once your application date is mentioned on their web site.
If you ask them for an update before this, they might send you a letter saying that your application hasn’t been processed yet, please wait, but they won't tell you if they don't like the format of a document or that a document is missing!

In my case 2 years and 11 months have passed and I am still waiting for the minister to approve my application.

Regards,

Mendo
you can check the citizenship application in their website? can i have the link please?

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:11 pm

you can check the citizenship application in their website? can i have the link please?

No, I meant the INIS web site and the fact that they are mentioning the month and the year for which they are processing naturalization applications.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section
Applications for naturalisation received in January 2006 are currently being processed.
________
HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP ADVICE FORUMS
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:25 am

If you ask them for an update before this, they might send you a letter saying that your application hasn’t been processed yet, please wait, but they won't tell you if they don't like the format of a document or that a document is missing!

Words of wisdom, Mendo. Many thanks for your help !

Heybabyy

Affidavit for marriage

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:00 am

Folks,

First of all thanks for uploading the birth affidavit. Just wondering if anyone has affidavit for marriage?? It would be nice to post both the affidavits to DoJ leaving them with no option to ask for any other document.

Thanks in advance.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:48 am

Marriage affidavit is part of the application form, if you download it you'll find the affidavit towards the end.

you'll only need it if you're married outside the country, obviously.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:21 pm

The affidavit form at end of Form 8 is for applicants who are applying naturalisation on the basis of their marriage to an Irish citizen.

What about the marriage certificate of two non-EU nationals out of which one is applying naturalisation on the basis of working here for 5 years? Don't know if they do not recognise the marriage certificate (native version) submitted with the application and then raise a query to prove that he/she is really my spouse :lol: :lol:

Can I also ask the guys who applied in Nov 2005-Jan 2006 to update us if they have heard anything from DOJ recently (assuming they have really started processing the Jan 06 applications. This would give a fair idea of real processing time instead of the one displayed on INIS website.

jackab2
Newly Registered

ITC grads needed for Ireland

Post by jackab2 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:27 pm

A new report has found that the projected demand for information and communication technology (ICT) workers in Ireland will exceed domestic supply in the coming years. As a result, Ireland will need to look to overseas graduates to shore up its labour market.

Look at the report here. http://www.workpermit.com/news/2008-06- ... orkers.htm

I for one am one of these ITC graduates and I for one will not encourage any prospective new immigrant to come to Ireland. With the run around one has to endure as well as the downright sloppy and unprofessional attitue of the justice department's (INIS) devsion. :evil:

COME ON MINISTER GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. There are many positive suggestions put faward on this site and if taken on board would ease the loooooooooog waiting times.
Last edited by jackab2 on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

HOTSPURS

Re: ITC grads needed for Ireland

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:39 pm

jackab2 wrote:A new report has found that the projected demand for information and communication technology (ICT) workers in Ireland will exceed domestic supply in the coming years. As a result, Ireland will need to look to overseas graduates to shore up its labour market.

Look at the report here. http://www.workpermit.com/news/2008-06- ... orkers.htm

I for one am one of these ITC graduates and I for one will not encourage any prospective new immigrant to come to Ireland. With the run around one has to endure as well as the downright sloppy and unprofessional attitue of the justice department's (INIS) devsion. :evil:

COME ON MINISTER GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. There are many positive suggestions put faward on this site and is taken on board would ease the loooooooooog waiting times.
They would continue to whine about the recession & crumbling Construction sector now totally ignoring a 5 billion Euro revenue/year coming out of Information & Communication Tech industry.

Heybabyy

Marriage affidavit

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:26 pm

The affidavit form at end of Form 8 is for applicants who are applying naturalisation on the basis of their marriage to an Irish citizen.

What about the marriage certificate of two non-EU nationals out of which one is applying naturalisation on the basis of working here for 5 years? Don't know if they do not recognise the marriage certificate (native version) submitted with the application and then raise a query to prove that he/she is really my spouse.

Can I also ask the guys who applied in Nov 2005-Jan 2006 to update us if they have heard anything from DOJ recently (assuming they have really started processing the Jan 06 applications. This would give a fair idea of real processing time instead of the one displayed on INIS website

rustig
Newly Registered

Application

Post by rustig » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:11 pm

I have been following this thread for a while now.
I arrived in Ireland May 2001.
Applied August 2006.
Send them copies of everything they requested. Long Birth certificate, Police Clearance etc.
I kept them updated every year with the copies of my new stamps in passport, Garda Card and P60.
Today received letter requesting an updated Police Clearance Certificate of all countries I lived in before Ireland, before they can continue with my application.
Maybe there is hope. It only depends how fast I can obtain Certificate from my country of origin.
Will keep posted.
:roll:

ashimashi

Re: Application

Post by ashimashi » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:43 pm

rustig wrote:I have been following this thread for a while now.
I arrived in Ireland May 2001.
Applied August 2006.
Send them copies of everything they requested. Long Birth certificate, Police Clearance etc.
I kept them updated every year with the copies of my new stamps in passport, Garda Card and P60.
Today received letter requesting an updated Police Clearance Certificate of all countries I lived in before Ireland, before they can continue with my application.
Maybe there is hope. It only depends how fast I can obtain Certificate from my country of origin.
Will keep posted.
:roll:
Are you talking about Citizenship, or Long Term Residency?
I applied in June 06, and they never asked more for Police Clearance Certificate. And as far as I know it's not one of the documents required for citizenship.

jackab2
Newly Registered

Misleading

Post by jackab2 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:06 pm

I find it strange that in every website giving advice on Irish immigration , the timeline for processing of applications varies. Most cases it is far short of actual time. Is there some misleading from the authorities????????????.

:?:

daniya
Newly Registered

Post by daniya » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:25 pm

sorry comments deleted.
Last edited by daniya on Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:28 pm

daniya wrote:dont come to Ireland it's a ridulous little piece of crap, its by far the most racisit country in the EU.
I think you're talking crap now. How many countries in Europe you've been too?

If you're unhappy with something here, it's fine, I'm not either. But don't come up with drivel like that.

And what on earth does it have to do with the subject? moderators?

rustig
Newly Registered

Post by rustig » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:35 am

Ashimashi:
I applied for Citizenship. I know it was not required, but I did not apply for Longterm Residency. Maybe it is a new thing. Will see where this leads to.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:20 am

rustig wrote:Ashimashi:
I applied for Citizenship. I know it was not required, but I did not apply for Longterm Residency. Maybe it is a new thing. Will see where this leads to.
That's interesting! Because as I said I've applied before you, and I haven't been asked to supply that. Maybe it depends on the country, but even then, I being from Iran should be on the list of more strict rules! :-) Unless you're from something even more suspicious than Iran!

rustig
Newly Registered

Post by rustig » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:50 am

Ashimashi:
South Africa :lol:

Does the Garda do finger prints? If not I would have to go to my embassy.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:22 am

ashimashi wrote:
rustig wrote:Ashimashi:
That's interesting! Because as I said I've applied before you, and I haven't been asked to supply that. Maybe it depends on the country, but even then, I being from Iran should be on the list of more strict rules! :-) Unless you're from something even more suspicious than Iran!
folks, none of us hv submitted Police clearance cert for naturalization applications. i heard it's only required for Long-term residency.

CelticTiger
Newly Registered

Citizenship timeline tracker

Post by CelticTiger » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:06 pm

I sent mine in June 2005 and not heard back yet.

has anyone from June ior after June already had their application processed?

Thnaks

CT

ashimashi

Re: Citizenship timeline tracker

Post by ashimashi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:13 pm

CelticTiger wrote:I sent mine in June 2005 and not heard back yet.

Thnaks

CT
June 2005!? So they are officially lieing/misleading then when they say they are processing January 06!

another_immigrant

Re: Citizenship timeline tracker

Post by another_immigrant » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:12 pm

CelticTiger wrote:I sent mine in June 2005 and not heard back yet.

Thnaks

CT
Hi CT,

Thanks for letting us know. I strongly suggest you to contact them by phone and ask about your application's status. because there are some people here in this board who applied for citizenship in 2005 and received a response one way or another. I wonder if you changed your address in this period and they posted it to your previous address? This could be the case. Could you please keep us updated as well?

Many thanks